Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Was it a Leeds fan that got to Eddie or one of ours?

Why would it be one of ours? We whinge plenty but the last time I saw a fan physically have a go at a manager, Jim Smith was getting it in the neck after Bull scored 4 against us and Ray Ranson chinned the fan pitch side

Edited by LionOfGosforth

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

I mean you're pretty consistently one of the most emotional people on here

Don't start shuffling and changing subjects.

We were talking about over reacting to the players and team after results.

If anything more often than not I complain about people doing that, rather than doing it myself.

And so you were just flat out wrong on whatever point you were trying to make by bringing up the West Ham game.

Next time read the previous posts properly. 

Just found it amusing calling people out about bedwetting when the biggest bed wet I've seen in recent weeks was you rage quitting against West Ham when we were leading with 45 mins to go

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Just found it amusing calling people out about bedwetting when the biggest bed wet I've seen in recent weeks was you rage quitting against West Ham when we were leading with 45 mins to go

You're just talking rubbish at this point, as you clearly weren't even following the discussion that was being had.

I was not calling anyone out for bed wetting today. I was responding to the people that were claiming people were bed wetting, and actually said that most reactions today were raising valid points about what was a poor performance, and they had some merit.

You've just come flying in from the top rope with no idea of what is actually going on, so how about you just pipe down pal. You are completely clueless.

I thought the draw was fair enough. I was surprised the second pen was given - it didn't look a clear and obvious error by the ref to me.

As for the professional foul in the goalscoring position on Gordon at the end, it's long been my view that the correct punishment for that sort of offence is a penalty, regardless of whether it's inside or outside the area.

Win our two home games now and we're home and hosed.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I thought the draw was fair enough. I was surprised the second pen was given - it didn't look a clear and obvious error by the ref to me.

As for the professional foul in the goalscoring position on Gordon at the end, it's long been my view that the correct punishment for that sort of offence is a penalty, regardless of whether it's inside or outside the area.

Win our two home games now and we're home and hosed.

That's insane.

3 minutes ago, Cronky said:

As for the professional foul in the goalscoring position on Gordon at the end, it's long been my view that the correct punishment for that sort of offence is a penalty, regardless of whether it's inside or outside the area

Where’s that Blackadder GIF?

Frustrating game for sure. After having calmed down I still think getting 1 point was ok considering we were a goal down and they got a penalty. Bring on Brighton! We can still do this.

12 minutes ago, Cronky said:

the correct punishment for that sort of offence is a penalty, regardless of whether it's inside or outside the area.

:lol: how the fuck can it be a penalty if it's outside the box?

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think we are missing the Joelinton-Joe combo down the left but unfortunately it's a consequence of Longstaff being out 

Totally agree.

Gordon, Isak and ASM are poor compared to that combo.

We were kind of lucky to get a point. We can’t keep it tight at the back at all anymore. It looks to me now that our defenders are not individually playing well. We are relying on our midfielders and wide forwards to sprint back and flood our box with our own players to crowd out attacks. We’re so leggy now we’re wither not doing it or getting back to late. 
It’s just so easy to get at us atm. 

Before people bring up our defensive record I’ll say, our trend over the last 16-17 games has been the other way. The numbers don’t lie.

5 minutes ago, Lotus said:

We were kind of lucky to get a point. We can’t keep it tight at the back at all anymore. It looks to me now that our defenders are not individually playing well. We are relying on our midfielders and wide forwards to sprint back and flood our box with our own players to crowd out attacks. We’re so leggy now we’re wither not doing it or getting back to late. 
It’s just so easy to get at us atm. 

Before people bring up our defensive record I’ll say, our trend over the last 16-17 games has been the other way. The numbers don’t lie.

No clean sheet last 9 games I think ? 

I know Man Utd was the last one so that doesn’t sound right. Season has been a bit of a haze so might be?