Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly no idea. He should be starting, I can tell you that. 

Smith seems very old school, so probably doesn't think our best DM could be Mendy given the fact he's about 5'2. 

In other news, sounds like Madders isn't playing tonight, talking of players downing tools when the chips are down. James Maddison sits squarely at the top of that list.

thats really shitty mind.

good news for us though if he doesnt play.

Just now, Ameritoon said:

I swear most of the UK is still obsessed with actresses who were in their prime in 2003

the state of her face now after all those fillers.

still would.

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly no idea. He should be starting, I can tell you that. 

Smith seems very old school, so probably doesn't think our best DM could be Mendy given the fact he's about 5'2. 

In other news, sounds like Madders isn't playing tonight, talking of players downing tools when the chips are down. James Maddison sits squarely at the top of that list.

Maddison doesn’t strike me as the type of person to down tools. Has his attitude been called into question throughout the season?

7 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

I swear most of the UK is still obsessed with actresses who were in their prime in 2003

Most of the internet message board space is filled with people who were teenagers or young adults in 2003. 

Referee Tonight is Andre Marriner - a swift return for the West Midlands official after he handled our recent 4-1 win at Everton. Marriner's only other Magpie appointment this season was the 1-2 loss at Liverpool in August.

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

It would be nice to have ASM start against Leicester, they would be under pressure from the get-go with his trickery

Who would you drop though? Nobody deserves to be benched for him.

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Most of the internet message board space is filled with people who were teenagers or young adults in 2003. 

I was a teenager then, too. But eventually other hot people come along and you move onto them

8 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

I was a teenager then, too. But eventually other hot people come along and you move onto them

Eh, it's like music. It's hard for new things to have the same impact as things from your teen years.

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What's the craic with Maddison then?

From the outside looking in, I thought he was a really good, level headed professional. I think most people who don't get to watch Leicester aside from now and again assume he's the standout gem in a poor team. Is that not so? Would like a Leicester perspective on him

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

From the outside looking in, I thought he was a really good, level headed professional. I think most people who don't get to watch Leicester aside from now and again assume he's the standout gem in a poor team. Is that not so? Would like a Leicester perspective on him

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't play like, although I'll be delighted if he doesn't. Maybe he's already agreed to come here and doesn't want to stop us achieving the CL spot.

Normally I wouldn't be arsed about Tielemans playing either but if we don't have a midfield, he'll probably score a thunderbastard.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Not saying this in this the case here but it's fairly common for fans to turn on their star players once they are heading down and know said players will move onto better things and not face the consequences of the relegation. 

He's got 10 goals and 10 assists in under 30 games this season for them. They've scored and created more than any side in the bottom half of the table, it's the piss poor defence that will see them relegated. 

50 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Maddison doesn’t strike me as the type of person to down tools. Has his attitude been called into question throughout the season?

He talks a great game, really nice bloke, generally been really at it for 12-18 months up until the past 2/3 months.

His attitude has been called into question his entire Leicester career to be fair :D It was only from last season and the start of this that we'd seen consistency from him. He had a habit of being a star for 4/5 weeks then disappearing for a few months.

I think the pressure of the situation and the (understandable) negativity from fans and media has probably got to him a bit. We had this infamous tweet after our 2nd loss to Southampton this season. He's given Bournemouth a free goal and missed a vital pen after taking the ball from Tielemans against Everton when we were 2-1 up.

image.thumb.png.3d1d11bb24607bc1d6e778fa0b41052b.png

I'll try not to let this past few months cloud my overall judge of him, but he's not exactly stood out and shone like we needed when the chips have been down.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He talks a great game, really nice bloke, generally been really at it for 12-18 months up until the past 2/3 months.

His attitude has been called into question his entire Leicester career to be fair :D It was only from last season and the start of this that we'd seen consistency from him. He had a habit of being a star for 4/5 weeks then disappearing for a few months.

I think the pressure of the situation and the (understandable) negativity from fans and media has probably got to him a bit. We had this infamous tweet after our 2nd loss to Southampton this season. He's given Bournemouth a free goal and missed a vital pen after taking the ball from Tielemans against Everton when we were 2-1 up.

image.thumb.png.3d1d11bb24607bc1d6e778fa0b41052b.png

I'll try not to let this past few months cloud my overall judge of him, but he's not exactly stood out and shone like we needed when the chips have been down.

That's not his twitter account by the way, some weirdo pretending to be him.