Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just had a look at what the result means for them tonight...

A defeat - One foot in the Championship, would need to win on the final day and hope that Everton lose and Leeds don't win. 

A draw - Not loads better, would need to win on the final day and hope that both Everton and Leeds don't.

A win - It's back in their hands. Equal Everton and Leeds results to stay up.

It really is win or bust for them tonight.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

A defeat - One foot in the Championship, would need to win on the final day and hope that Everton lose and Leeds don't win. 

A draw - Not loads better, would need to win on the final day and hope that both Everton and Leeds don't.

I think this is why it’ll be harder than people are expecting. I don’t see them rolling over unless we dominate early like we can. 

I just hope we can put a strong midfield out.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Busted! 🥊🥊

For anyone going to this I’m jealous as fuck. Having had a season ticket from 86-09 and emigrating at the beginning of the shit fest I feel like I’ve been lucky enough to see some great stuff under Keegan and Robson but I’d love to be there tonight.

Just now, St1pe said:

I think this is why it’ll be harder than people are expecting. I don’t see them rolling over unless we dominate early like we can. 

The thing is, they where at home to a somewhat beatable Liverpool side last week and they folded like a deck of cards, at that was on their own patch with the fans behind them.

If they'd shown even a bit of fight in that game I'd maybe be worried, but they capitulated with ease, so its hard to see them getting up for it away from home with a stadium in carnival mode.

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they put in a decent performance but they really have vibes of when we went down first time round. We could have won any of our last couple of games and survived that season but we just didn’t have the quality or belief to do so. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Aye, they're down there for a reason though. 

Leicester's two biggest problems right now is their defence and that their confidence is on the deck. If they don't survive the inevitable early onslaught, heads will go down and it could get a bit messy for them. Their aim will be to make sure they aren't behind after 15-20 minutes.

They do have plenty of fret though and still tend to find the back of the net in most away games. Given we can't buy a clean sheet at the moment I fully expect them to oblige here. The issue for Leicester will keeping us out at the other end. I can see another 3-1/4-1 job.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

The thing is, they where at home to a somewhat beatable Liverpool side last week and they folded like a deck of cards, at that was on their own patch with the fans behind them.

If they'd shown even a bit of fight in that game I'd maybe be worried, but they capitulated with ease, so its hard to see them getting up for it away from home with a stadium in carnival mode.

IMG_0553.gif.6cad16d741cc92d464f3acd43969baeb.gif

Leicester welcome to the Terrordome! 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

This is my biggest encouragement, they really tried against liverpool but collapsed due to mistakes and losing morale. We just need to get amongst them and take a couple of chances. 

Newcastle at home                         Leicester away from home

P 18 W11-D5-L2                               P18 W4-D2-L12

Newcastle form                               Leicester form

Everton 1-4 Newcastle                   Leicester 2-1 Wolves

Newcastle 3-1 Southampton         Leeds 1-1 Leicester

Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal                   Leicester 2-2 Everton

Leeds 2-2 Newcastle                     Fulham 5-3 Leicester

Newcastle 4-1 Brighton                  Leicester 0-3 Liverpool

Home v bottom half                        Away v top half

P9 W5-D4-L0                                  P9 W1-D1-L7

1 minute ago, FCB said:

Revenge time I reckon

That the Carver 3-0 Williamson got sent off deliberately game? Bizarre, because they apparently also joined in with our fans in anti Ashley chanting. From .com;

A buoyant King Power Stadium greeted their team with this large card display and mustered a deafening backdrop thanks to thousands of folded cardboard clappers. Scoring an early goal also lubricated their throats of course. 

While they roared the Foxes on to victory though, the away support was soon shocked into silence, with attempts by City fans to wind them up provoked only one wry chorus of "how sh*t must you be, we're still above you." Home fans also came out the moderately amusing "even Shearer thinks you're sh*t" and joined in the FCB shouts, altering the last line to "get out of their club."

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Na, a point tonight would take Leeds out of the equation from Leicester's perspective, as any win for Leicester on the final day would mean that Leeds would need to better it by 10, so that's one advantage of the draw - I've literally just asked a Leicester fan on a boxing forum if he would take a point :lol:.

So basically if they draw tonight as a 7/1 shot, it wouldn't be in their hands, but a win over West Ham would mean that Everton would have to do the same.

Looking on GOT, Everton fans are desperate for us to win, so that they have the fall back of the draw on the final day (assuming Leeds don't win 3-0).

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Leicester are gone. They need to win the last two games and hope the Leeds and Everton (at home to Bournemouth) lose.

If Leicester win both games they are effectively safe given their superior goal difference. They are out of the relegation zone if they win tonight.

Edited by Paullow

Fuckit, took a half day today and booked the rest of the week off, gonna cut the grass now so I don't look so bad spending the rest of the week sprawled all over the lawn.

Clean sheet for a change would be nice

Sat at Kings Cross for what must be the 18th or 19th and final time this season (missed 2-3 league games, went to 2 home cup ones). Equally excited and nervous, early goal would be a great nerve settler. Slightly relieved for a few weeks without a ten hour round trip, but will be missing it before we roll into July. 

Really don’t know what I’m going to do if we qualify, will be looning around newcastle solo for a good few hours before bed and a 7am train back for work tomorrow PM. If we get that point or more, will be worth every minute, even if not I’m looking forward to clapping and cheering every one of them post-match for this season. I really hope if the worst happens people don’t just fuck off, the players deserve lauding regardless. 

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

If Leicester win both games they are effectively safe given their superior goal difference. They are out of the relegation zone if they win tonight.

FFS Can we stop talking about Leicester, who gives a fuck??!

Lets get this thread back on topic and discuss which year Aniston hit her prime?

Edited by geordie_b