Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, James said:

If I recall Toney was a pattern of ill advised bets through legitimate platforms as a lower league player which crucially stopped at a point in time when his career was on the up.

From the reports I have read Tonali was using illegal platforms whilst playing for AC Milan. He then allows a £55m transfer to go ahead.

He has basically blown our £60m windfall for Champions League qualification for the sake of greed. He actually arrogantly shits in the face of Howe and the whole playing squad who worked so hard to get us to where we are now. How can he look any of them in the eye?

not only has he blown our Champions League money but he has lost all professional credibility and therefore he will never again manage to secure a transfer fee if even a quarter of what we paid.

So unlike Toney, he is an odious and deceitful individual who has cost a significantly. We should make him pay andI hope he spends the rest of his life out of football and on the breadline.

The gambling on football is the only bit that is relevant. 

1 minute ago, James said:

If I recall Toney was a pattern of ill advised bets through legitimate platforms as a lower league player which crucially stopped at a point in time when his career was on the up.

From the reports I have read Tonali was using illegal platforms whilst playing for AC Milan. He then allows a £55m transfer to go ahead.

He has basically blown our £60m windfall for Champions League qualification for the sake of greed. He actually arrogantly shits in the face of Howe and the whole playing squad who worked so hard to get us to where we are now. How can he look any of them in the eye?

not only has he blown our Champions League money but he has lost all professional credibility and therefore he will never again manage to secure a transfer fee if even a quarter of what we paid.

So unlike Toney, he is an odious and deceitful individual who has cost a significantly. We should make him pay andI hope he spends the rest of his life out of football and on the breadline.

Jesus Christ :lol:

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Don't see how it's £55m down the drain if he's banned for a year. It's hardly the end of his career. 

Doesn't help us now though.  Could cost us the chance of getting a CL spot.

4 minutes ago, James said:

James being James.

He's an idiot if this is all true, but he's an excellent young player on a long contract. 

We'll save on his wages whilst he's out, and he'll have plenty of time with us when he comes back.

Incredibly annoying and if he's been being on Milan games he's got shit for brains but he'll be back. We have good young midfielders in Anderson and Miley who can cover, and willock will be back soon.

11 minutes ago, James said:

You not a fan James ?

1 minute ago, Craig said:

My worry is him settling in the area if he does get a long ban. Not sure how it'll go for him here if he spends the majority of the next 12 months in Italy.

I don’t think the club can allow that. He could take a short break but he should be staying as close to the club and area as possible. 

Surely if it's true and he bet on AC Milan games they will absolutely throw the book at him. I imagine he thought coming to Newcastle would distance himself from the problem. This is going to get very messy, no wonder his form has been so erratic and he constantly has a face like a slapped arse.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

If he's got a year of twiddling his thumbs the club could put him to good use off the pitch and get him to move Leazes Terrace onto the tennis courts, brick by brick

Don't give Tyneside life any more ideas for his next video 😂

42 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

How do you think that's going to graft!? 

"Hey £70m player, come and play for us in this exciting project we've got going but, first, let's take you're phone so we can GreyKey the cunt" 

Whilst I acknowledge the hilarity of your post, it's doable and we need to do more to protect ourselves in future. The club can't just bemoan bad luck. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't believe that at all, it's perfectly normal for PL clubs to buy the best players of teams from poorer European leagues. We bought the captain of several French clubs even with Mike Ashley as owner :lol:

There's more to it than that as he was playing for his home town club, but you knew that. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

There's more to it than that as he was playing for his home town club, but you knew that. 

Slightly but it doesn't change the point. People also leave their hometown club all the time. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

Football is so hypocritical, the sport itself is entrenched in Betting adds. every game showing on sky tv is just an add fest for betting.

With SKY Bet being the Biggest example.

young players need more education in the pitfalls of success in football. How to look after there lifestyles away from the game.

The betting companies themselves should have a percentage deducted from there multi million or billion profits.

To go towards helping gambling addiction etc. 

Yeah. In all honesty the Toney ban never sat right with me, aside from the bit where he bet against his own club.

In the U.K., gambling only became legal thanks to Football Pools, which is where the Moores family made their money and went on to buy both Everton and Liverpool.

Liverpool obviously getting the greater deal ultimately by becoming they are today because of it.

You currently have the EFL which is in control over 75% of the professional clubs in England with a leading sponsor by a gambling firm.

You have the Premier League saying in 3 years you can’t have a front of shirt betting sponsor, but will still be able to have a sleeve betting sponsor, which is estimated to double the sleeve sponsorship prices.

Every broadcast game is filled with betting adverts. The Premier League’s leading domestic TV partner has a score programme that has leading betting partner flashing up before and after every advert break.

Every club has a betting sponsor, some have betting sponsors for different regions.

If a player happens to bet on a game though, that’s too far.

I remember a few years ago when that amateur team got to the FA Cup 3rd round, a betting company decided to allow stupid bets on their goalkeeper, he ate a pie at half time and was l charged for influencing a bet because a bookie had put that on a list of things he might do. How the fuck the bookie wasn’t done was beyond me. 

29 minutes ago, James said:

Christ almighty, dramatic much? He’s a young lad that has a gambling addiction, are you trying to say you have been perfect your whole life?