Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Reading the report, he comes across as well as anyone could given what he did. They repeatedly note that there is no way they would have ever learned about any of his bets without him providing all the evidence and a confession. They also note his admitted gambling addiction, though all of that is redacted. Considering all of that, and with him taking a reduced wage, somehow he comes out of this looking like a very sound guy whose demons got the best of him. I hope he's gotten the help he needs because this could end up being the making of him here - lots of time to settle, learn the language, get acclimated, experience the club and fan support through a very tough time. 

11 minutes ago, wormy said:

As an aside, the club stating his cooperation as 'extraordinary and unprecedented' is some pretty heavy wording. Hopefully goes to show the level of atonement he's gone through behind the scenes, even if he hasn't made a public song and dance of his guilt to appease people who probably wouldn't even be appeased by it if he did. 

The FA said they wouldn't have had a case against him if he hadn't come forward, the only evidence they have has come from Tonali himself. 

Must be waiting to reveal their report/judgement on that yellow card that I'm lead to believe was obvously dodgy.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

The FA said they wouldn't have had a case against him if he hadn't come forward, the only evidence they have has come from Tonali himself. 

Have to wonder if that decision to come forward was imposed on him by someone else.

You do it, or I will.

If you do have a problem, and genuinely do want help then I guess you have no choice but to come clean.

Edited by Arknor

Can’t wait to see him play next season, he showed some of what he was capable of in the short time we saw him to get me excited about how good he could be.

Posted (edited)

Enjoyed him tearing round pitch at home to Liverpool, thought we unravelled after he went off, interested to see how it pans out with Bruno and Joe as balance didn’t look quite right early doors this season though.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

RTG is fewmin about Tonali’s punishment:lol:

Experts in addiction and mental health as well as human rights, the fucking sad cunts

Posted (edited)

Tonali betting on the Toon - honestly man :facepalm:  We are lucky it's a suspended sentence. 

Edited by duo

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

Experts in addiction and mental health as well as human rights, the fucking sad cunts

TBF they are experts in all 3 areas, just not how they think.

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t wait to see him play next season, he showed some of what he was capable of in the short time we saw him to get me excited about how good he could be.

Finally unleashed, running all over the place like a whisky crazed Apache.

33 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

RTG is fewmin about Tonali’s punishment:lol:

Literally everything that is deemed vaguely positive for us is now met with ‘Saudi corruption marra’.

The ultimate coping mechanism.

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Really don't want to rehash this, but the problem is what does it mean for a game where he doesn't bet on us?

He’s skint 

3 hours ago, Arknor said:

Have to wonder if that decision to come forward was imposed on him by someone else.

You do it, or I will.

If you do have a problem, and genuinely do want help then I guess you have no choice but to come clean.

I'm guessing as part of his counselling he was encouraged to disclose any previous enfringements

It's hard enough to beat an addiction without keeping secrets

The first step to beat inner demons is being honest with yourself and the people around you