Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

From the murmurings around this, it’s sounding relatively tame like. At least for now. Needs to be investigated though and if he’s done a Toney or Paqueta then a ban’s fair enough. Bit different if he’s just been betting on other sports though, if that’s an offence then that’s a bit absurd 

Even if he is proven to have placed bets and breached rules it certainly doesn't mean a lengthy ban. Toffolo at Forrest given a 5 months suspended ban for breaching 375 rules. Just seems to depend on what exactly the players in question were betting on. If its your own team (like Toney) he'd almost certainly get longer than 5 months.

1 hour ago, GeordieT said:

Reported in the Italian press that as many as fifty players and officials are implicated. So this would appear to be the tip of the iceberg.

Zalewski latest to be named. 

This has always been my instinctive thought whenever these gambling offence stories have landed; whoever it may be is just the latest to be rumbled. It'll be absolutely rife; hundreds and hundreds of footballers will be at it - whether it's due to ignorance about the rules, a lack of care, a lack of education, or outright stupidity... it'll be a widespread issue and the likes of Toney are just the 'unlucky' ones getting caught out. 

I'm not excusing Sandro if it turns out he's broken football rules and is therefore in receipt of a punishment which affects the club, but if we're talking Toney/Toffolo-like offences, I find it hard to feel any anger towards him. 

Sandro Tonali                                                  Sandro Tonali.                                               He loves roulette wheels.                             slots and all card games.                            Hates fuckin Bingo.

46 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This has always been my instinctive thought whenever these gambling offence stories have landed; whoever it may be is just the latest to be rumbled. It'll be absolutely rife; hundreds and hundreds of footballers will be at it - whether it's due to ignorance about the rules, a lack of care, a lack of education, or outright stupidity... it'll be a widespread issue and the likes of Toney are just the 'unlucky' ones getting caught out. 

I'm not excusing Sandro if it turns out he's broken football rules and is therefore in receipt of a punishment which affects the club, but if we're talking Toney/Toffolo-like offences, I find it hard to feel any anger towards him. 

Thinking about it, it might be worth having some kind of amnesty for players who haven't yet been caught but, say, have done it when younger and since stopped, if they come forward and admit it. Just to clear the decks going forwards and stop the past hanging over people. Plausibly, blackmail could be used as leverage to corrupt players as things stand.

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Sandro Tonali                                                  Sandro Tonali.                                               He loves roulette wheels.                             slots and all card games.                            Hates fuckin Bingo.

It's an improvement, I back it.

Just now, FloydianMag said:

It would be a pisser if he gets a ban from playing poker and Blackjack. How can that be an option infringement of rules?

I think (happy to be corrected here) it’s an infringement of Italian law, rather than an infringement of any football related rules.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Possibly used a VPN to gamble on sites outside of Italy which are otherwise unavailable there?

They explained it as an illegal betting platform were criminals - in effect - can do money laundering but also a place where players who can not bet legally a place where they can go and bet.