Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, teohgk said:

Guess that’s why Milan sold him, they knew about it.

Hopefully he did not bet on games that he’s playing so that the punishment will be more lenient

If he bet on games that he's playing I don't really care what the punishment is, I don't want him ever putting on our shirt again.

1 hour ago, teohgk said:

Guess that’s why Milan sold him, they knew about it.

Hopefully he did not bet on games that he’s playing so that the punishment will be more lenient

If they knew about it and didn't disclose it to us, that's tantamount to fraud. This isn't like an injury, that the buying club has the opportunity to uncover by doing a diligent medical exam.

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Worst case he gets banned for 8 months like Toney, I guess. These players are fucking stupid. 

According to the Swedish Rumble twitter account the minimum punishment he can expect from the Italian FA is a three year ban if found guilty. How that would migrate over to him playing in England, I haven’t a clue. 

But this doesn’t look good. Apparently there’s a group of Italians who have been at it for ages and this story broke as part of a v dodgy paparazzo’s revenge on Italian football. He’s since gone missing.

One bright side to this is that I've seen the guy who broke these stories described as "like an evil Fabrizio Romano" at least 3 times and I think that's fucking hilarious.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome I hope (and am fairly confident this will be the case) that the club does everything to support Tonali through this. He's one of us now - and when this is sorted my money (lol) is still on him being a huge asset. As someone said above, Tripps fell foul of this sort of thing at an older age and is now the epitome of a professional and leader.

16 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

One bright side to this is that I've seen the guy who broke these stories described as "like an evil Fabrizio Romano" at least 3 times and I think that's fucking hilarious.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome I hope (and am fairly confident this will be the case) that the club does everything to support Tonali through this. He's one of us now - and when this is sorted my money (lol) is still on him being a huge asset. As someone said above, Tripps fell foul of this sort of thing at an older age and is now the epitome of a professional and leader.

I’m torn on this as someone else has said - not if it turns out he’s bet on games he’s played in as that’s the line for me.

40 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I've said it before but gambling in today's digital age makes it far too easy to do etc.  I'd ban the whole lot personally but all adverts/sponsorship should be banned like alcohol.

I know of at least 2 people who have had to seek help over.

You’d ban what? 

Mama mia.

It's not so much the thought of a ban that bothers me, but the possibility of a long, drawn-out investigation. How Tonali would cope with that in what is a strange country with limited personal support in terms of family and friends, is quite a worry. It could then become a problem for the team as well, and Eddie places great store on openness and a good team spirit. 

Just now, Cronky said:

Mama mia.

It's not so much the thought of a ban that bothers me, but the possibility of a long, drawn-out investigation. How Tonali would cope with that in what is a strange country with limited personal support in terms of family and friends, is quite a worry. It could then become a problem for the team as well, and Eddie places great store on openness and a good team spirit. 

Eddie wouldn’t let it become a problem - he’s too clued up for that.

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Worst case he gets banned for 8 months like Toney, I guess. These players are fucking stupid. 

I don't think that's the worst case. It looks like there are other players involved, so it could be a betting ring. Hopefully not, but the signs aren't good.

14 minutes ago, Zero said:

I can accept it’s a few months ban like Toney. But not three years. If that’s the case we gotta sue Milan.

Why is it Milan’s and not tonali’s fault? He could have offered us the info but would have chose to keep his mouth shut.

A sport, rife with betting sponsorship littered throughout stadiums, betting sponsors on shirts, adverts every single ad break, YouTube adverts, banners on websites, and footballers are expected not to have a flutter. Mad really. However I understand it’s close to match fixing in some cases, just depends on what extent. 

Just now, Kanji said:

So based off a few tweets and vague articles the consensus is think the absolute worst?

That’s human nature - a lot are also choosing the upmost best in tonali with things like “I hope everyone stands beside him, give him all the support he needs, give him plenty of hugs and sue that evil nasty Milan”

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

A sport, rife with betting sponsorship littered throughout stadiums, betting sponsors on shirts, adverts every single ad break, YouTube adverts, banners on websites, and footballers are expected not to have a flutter. Mad really. However I understand it’s close to match fixing in some cases, just depends on what extent. 

Look, I slagged Toney off for it so I’m not gonna be a hypocrite now it’s one of ours. If he’s knowingly broke rules then he takes the punishment as far as I’m concerned.

Sorry if already mentioned but it’s worth pointing out that betting rules in Italy are much stricter than in the UK. 

In the UK you are not allowed to bet on a competition you are directly involved in whereas in Italy you cannot bet on any games organised by FIGC, UEFA and FIFA - basically all of it. I remember Buffon, Maresca and a few others being investigated for it ages ago and it was eventually dropped. 

Fully depends on the details but if he has broken Italian rules but not FA rules he’d probably be okay. What Toney did is effectively banned in all leagues which is why he’s not been loaned elsewhere. 

You’d imagine if there was suspicion of criminal wrongdoing they wouldn’t have just let them return to their clubs. Story has blown up there and it seems they just want them as far away from it ahead of their important Euro qualifiers. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I have no doubt Eddie will handle the situation beautifully, just hope our fans don't boo him or make the situation far worse than it actually is 

The fans won’t boo him :lol:

Someone will make a chant about it and it will be sung for the rest of the season.