Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

I was thinking a better version of the nerd on Die Hard 4.0 (and other films I haven't seen) ish

Same, real Justin Long vibes. 

These are the kind of signings that make me happy that we aren’t/can’t just splashing 100m on players like Man U or Liverpool can. We get to watch these dudes, the Isak/Botman/Brunos of the world, develop at our club.

It’s far more exciting than just buying the finished product. 

5 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah I think 3 quality signings - this lad (or similar type of player, an attacking midfielder/winger and a left back. Then wheeling and dealing for others and depending on sales 

Or we just go full Saudi and spend, spend, spend!

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

According to multiple places his current salary is £4m/year (gross, btw) or £77k/wk. Putting him on something like £150k/week with some bonuses seems about right. Reports that are significantly higher than that are almost certainly wrong.

Adding to this -- there are some sources that put his salary quite a bit lower than this to the point that £150k / week would be closer to tripling his wages. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

These are the kind of signings that make me happy that we aren’t/can’t just splashing 100m on players like Man U or Liverpool can. We get to watch these dudes, the Isak/Botman/Brunos of the world, develop at our club.

It’s far more exciting than just buying the finished product. 

Hard agree! I've loved that about our big signings. Meanwhile there was hardly a queue for the likes of Popey and Burn; we just scouted really well. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Would be really interesting to know exactly where Tonali was on the list alongside Veiga, Szoz, Maddison etc

I need a STATBOMB. 

16 minutes ago, OCK said:

My memory must be degrading, I'm sure he scored a freekick against us. 

Well shit, he didn't. But we did sign him a few weeks later. [emoji38]

Better do the right thing. Pick up the phone and call all of your exes.
"No I know we haven't spoken in ages... but...erm... it's... it's about Albert Luque..."

Just flicked through 42 pages of this mad shit [emoji38]

Would be fantastic if it happens and as said, if Ashworth's in Milan, that has to be a done deal.

So would this mean we're still allegedly after Madison AS WELL? Because that'd be fucking insanely good

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Just flicked through 42 pages of this mad shit [emoji38]

Would be fantastic if it happens and as said, if Ashworth's in Milan, that has to be a done deal.

So would this mean we're still allegedly after Madison AS WELL? Because that'd be fucking insanely good

Or Big Dom. 

Reactions to this are all over the place, ranging from "how did Newcastle pull this off" to this being an incredible waste of money for an average player. This may just be where I'm looking but Man United and Arsenal fans seem impressed, while Chelsea and Spurs supporters couldn't be more bitter.