Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

48 minutes ago, brummie said:

Jesus Christ. 

it’s a fucking pre season friendly. Not only that it’s a very early one. 

Amazed at the amount of bed shitting going on. 

Players who have never played with their new teams before.  It takes a while. 

4 hours ago, brummie said:

Jesus Christ. 

Brummie, the voice of reason.

4 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

He’s played 90 minutes of pre season football for us and people are already writing him off. :lol:

There's not one person in this thread writing him off after the Villa game.

8 hours ago, brummie said:

Jesus Christ. 

Am I imagining things, or in basically every thread has Brummie become the voice of reason? :lol:

10 hours ago, Ottoman said:

Rain on me. But I wanted neves and tielemans for our mdf role. Financially both wouldn't have cost as much as tonali cost us (transfer fee and wages inclusive). Yeah you could argue that tonali has more room for improvement, better future but these duo are more pl proven, save us money and has the basic ability required for the team. Mind you, I won't argue much and go deep into this coz I am atleast ok with tonali (he was my 2nd choice for mdf) deal unlike livramento and Harvey Barnes

IMG-3052.jpg

After reading Gordon’s comments about the complexity of instructions from Howe a few things are kind of making sense

- When he took over there was a slow start.  A lot of this was fitness but it took time to get the players drilled on style

- Bruno’s introduction to the team seemed to take a frustrating long time. Howe mentioned watching the team at the time to get up to speed
- Gordon looking average since Jan, but significantly better for England

Tonali is going to go through this (in probably the hardest position to integrate).  We’re going to have move visibility of this though as he’s been signed at the start of pre season.  So rather than on the training pitch he’s going to learn also in the warm up games.  Gordon is also still going through it. Howe is also tweaking the system to try things out. 

It’s a shame the start of the season is so tough.  A wobbly pre season and slow start could get some people on the backs of Tonali and Gordon. Also there will be ammunition for opposition fans to go fishing on Twitter.  Personally I have no worries that they’ll both be excellent for us. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

11 hours ago, Ottoman said:

I wanted neves and tielemans

Wonder goals aside I’ve never seen much from tielemans. I think the lack of interest from the old school “big” 6 on a free and him starting from the bench for villa are somewhat telling.  I think he’ll be decent for villa but I would not be surprised if he carries on being used a fair bit as a sub. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

40 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Also the humour is awful. 

TBG is genuinely funny, there are other funny posters as well and some other posters have their moments. However, once you get threads that become a pile on of the same joke it gets old pretty quickly 

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It’s a shame the start of the season is so tough.  A wobbly pre season and slow start could get some people on the backs of Tonali and Gordon. Also there will be ammunition for opposition fans to go fishing on Twitter.  Personally I have no worries that they’ll both be excellent for us. 

Tonali won’t play those tough games at the start. It was decided after those 45 minutes against Villa that him and Bruno can’t play together against the better teams, so he’ll just have to wait until we play someone shit. ;)

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Tonali won’t play those tough games at the start. It was decided after those 45 minutes against Villa that him and Bruno can’t play together against the better teams, so he’ll just have to wait until we play someone shit. ;)

I'd sell Bruno too tbh.

If him and this Tonali fraud cant play together then just get rid.

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

TBG is genuinely funny, there are other funny posters as well and some other posters have their moments. However, once you get threads that become a pile on of the same joke it gets old pretty quickly 

I meant in general. Not aimed at him. Not even seen who has posted what. Just a lot of boring shite a lot of the time.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I meant in general. Not aimed at him. Not even seen who has posted what. Just a lot of boring shite a lot of the time.

I didn’t think you were referencing him, haven’t seen him post in these threads recently. Just wanted to make the point that his whoosh technique and posting style is genuinely funny whereas a lot of the “funny” posts in this thread are variants on that style with less success

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

Giggs