Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

4 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Not liking all the focus only on Tonali despite not one of our midfielders looking any good together so far this season :lol:

People writing him off already.

Whole midfield has issues, but we dont look better without him either.

Just now, nufc123 said:

We've looked far worse without him every time he's been subbed off.

They battered our left side in the 2nd half when he came off, Anderson and Isak were nowhere close to helping Burn.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Well Joelinton has been out of form / injured and we haven't had Willock. Willock is a huge miss honestly -- really need him back.

But today Tonali was easily the weak link of the three. I think he'll be much better by the second half of the season.

3 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I thought he had an alright game personally lol

Aye I thought he did fine, relatively speaking. Bearing in mind we seemingly had no intent to press in the first half and just let them run the game. He was pretty much just there to chase his man and make sure we didn't get diddled on the overlap. We were much worse on that front when he went off.

5 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Not liking all the focus only on Tonali despite not one of our midfielders looking any good together so far this season :lol:

People writing him off already.

The focus on him is bound to happen to some extent, he's the big signing of the summer and our main midfield addition.

Don't agree with those writing him off like, that's just mental. It's not quite clicked for him yet but there's also been enough signs to show that he's clearly a very good player.

I don't think we're anything as a fanbase. It's minutes after the biggest game in 12 thousand years and we're all running on fumes. S'all good. This is the post game opinion dump. Get em all out and we can reconvene tomorrow when everyone has had some rest.