Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Will be nigh impossible to prevail against Milan in court, for all it's worth. Would require proving that they had knowledge of his behavior. And short of a text from Tonali saying hey, I'm gambling illegally, can't imagine a way to prove that.

With that said, there is something curious about the timing of this? Just a few months post transfer of a kid who was the pride and joy of Milan, and for a bargain price at the time. Here's hoping it's nothing more than some blackjack, though, and this is all a big nothing story.

Planted story for Milan to buy him back on the cheap imo.

tbh if Italy announces an exciting and lucrative trade deal with Saudi and all this goes away shortly after I hope N-O will be mature enough to see it as the total coincidence it is and not resort to wild theories.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

Is this 3 year ban that is being mentioned all of football or just Italian? I cant see how Toney can get 8 month, Toffolo a slap on the wrist and Tonali a minimum of 3 years.

It's three years of solitary. It's over.

12 minutes ago, TRC said:

Is this 3 year ban that is being mentioned all of football or just Italian? I cant see how Toney can get 8 month, Toffolo a slap on the wrist and Tonali a minimum of 3 years.

The FA would have to submit a request to FIFA to have Toney's ban enforced abroad, and I imagine the opposite applies.  Doubt the FA would enforce the entire thing if it actually is 3 years, they set a precedent with Toney.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Possibly a stupid question but can a player still train with their club during the ban? Or is it a 'stay away from football entirely' kind of thing? 

Toney isn’t allowed to train with Brentford. 

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Toney isn’t allowed to train with Brentford. 

He's back training with them now, it was just the first half of his was a total ban. He was pictured doing stuff there in August like so presumably they've just said "we're monitoring his fitness" - if the FA/anyone actually bothered to question or challenge it 

24 minutes ago, wormy said:

Possibly a stupid question but can a player still train with their club during the ban? Or is it a 'stay away from football entirely' kind of thing? 

He could put the time to good use. First phrase heard even he’s back in training: “Hoo! Longy, on me heed, man!”

Ive got a feeling this has been hanging over him for a while, that with a new club/country will have affected him on and off the pitch. A silly mistake, yes, sucks for us, yes but if its a full blown addiction, the dude needs help not just finger pointing and bans. 

If he hasn't bet on football I cant see them enforcing a huge ban anyway (hopefully) but apart from footy, footballers can gamble here so we need to help him through that as its easily accessible unlike Italy.

Probably in the minority with my opinion. god forbid I ever get an addiction, I hope my family don't just toss me aside as no good.