Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

40 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

There was more frustration aimed at Anthony Gordon for getting a one game ban for 5 yellows this early in the season than Tonali is getting for potentially being banned for a year. Mental.

:lol: Any chance you could link me to the tens of pages of discourse including multiple people discussing the logistics of sacking Gordon for his yellow cards? Must've missed that. 

Edited by wormy

33 minutes ago, James said:

He has basically blown our £60m windfall for Champions League qualification for the sake of greed. He actually arrogantly shits in the face of Howe and the whole playing squad who worked so hard to get us to where we are now. How can he look any of them in the eye?

not only has he blown our Champions League money but he has lost all professional credibility and therefore he will never again manage to secure a transfer fee if even a quarter of what we paid.

So unlike Toney, he is an odious and deceitful individual who has cost a significantly. We should make him pay andI hope he spends the rest of his life out of football and on the breadline.

33 minutes ago, Ste said:

Speculation aside, he’s our player and he gets our support. 

That’s quite a pair of consecutive posts.

18 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If he's got a year of twiddling his thumbs the club could put him to good use off the pitch and get him to move Leazes Terrace onto the tennis courts, brick by brick

They could always set him the task of changing the East Stand 'Newcastle United' font also. But he's only allowed to use old school ladders. That'll teach him. 

36 minutes ago, James said:

If I recall Toney was a pattern of ill advised bets through legitimate platforms as a lower league player which crucially stopped at a point in time when his career was on the up.

From the reports I have read Tonali was using illegal platforms whilst playing for AC Milan. He then allows a £55m transfer to go ahead.

He has basically blown our £60m windfall for Champions League qualification for the sake of greed. He actually arrogantly shits in the face of Howe and the whole playing squad who worked so hard to get us to where we are now. How can he look any of them in the eye?

not only has he blown our Champions League money but he has lost all professional credibility and therefore he will never again manage to secure a transfer fee if even a quarter of what we paid.

So unlike Toney, he is an odious and deceitful individual who has cost a significantly. We should make him pay andI hope he spends the rest of his life out of football and on the breadline.

More posts like James, clearly a lad who wears his heart on his sleeve, the king would be proud.

Who wants to read well thought out reasonable gibberish about supporting the lad, when the spaghetti munching shit bags have clearly had our eye balls out.

Cant wait for Milan at home, turn up if you dare now@Milanista

Edited by Whitley mag

If he was betting on his own team to win, that cannot be excused. Completely unethical and deserving of a lengthy ban. 

that being said, everyone makes mistakes and I hope he gets his career back on track with us after a ban, both for his own sake and ours. 

6 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Christ almighty, dramatic much? He’s a young lad that has a gambling addiction, are you trying to say you have been perfect your whole life?

Some will remember that James has already revealed he’s imperfect in a specific confession many years ago.

The idea that Milan didnt know about this when they sold Tonali may be true but it is very likely that the police and the club would have been in 'informal contact' as soon as the police were interested in the case. If the date of the investigation's initiation by the Italian police predates the transfer then the balance of probabilities for me says that the police and AC were in contact informally.

Even if that date does not overlap, the key question is when did the Italian judiciary become aware that a crime may have been committed? The Fagioli case has been around for 4 months when that jailed Paparazzo came out with the claims in the press. If thats the date and Tonali's name was being discussed then then my bet would be AC knew about this. It would also be completely deniable and unprovable as there is zero chance anything would have been written down. 

I dont know if true obviously but if Tonali's name came up in the FIGC investigation into Fagioli then i reckon Milan knew about this before the transfer. The informal connections (police/club) that dominate Italian culture virtually guarantee this. 

1 minute ago, Adam P said:

The idea that Milan didnt know about this when they sold Tonali may be true but it is very likely that the police and the club would have been in 'informal contact' as soon as the police were interested in the case. If the date of the investigation's initiation by the Italian police predates the transfer then the balance of probabilities for me says that the police and AC were in contact informally.

Even if that date does not overlap, the key question is when did the Italian judiciary become aware that a crime may have been committed? The Fagioli case has been around for 4 months when that jailed Paparazzo came out with the claims in the press. If thats the date and Tonali's name was being discussed then then my bet would be AC knew about this. It would also be completely deniable and unprovable as there is zero chance anything would have been written down. 

I dont know if true obviously but if Tonali's name came up in the FIGC investigation into Fagioli then i reckon Milan knew about this before the transfer. The informal connections (police/club) that dominate Italian culture virtually guarantee this. 

Big fan of the youtube channel ? 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That will be how it starts, just something to dabble in to pass some time. 

Yeah it could have been a fairly innocuous start and addiction may sound like an all too easy excuse. But I dare say if he's gone through such efforts to conceal what he's doing rather than simply stopping, there has to be quite a heavy habit there.

Spoken by someone who has very recently been exploring how to circumvent his self-imposed GamStop ban. :lol:

8 minutes ago, NoU said:

If he was betting on his own team to win, that cannot be excused. Completely unethical and deserving of a lengthy ban. 

that being said, everyone makes mistakes and I hope he gets his career back on track with us after a ban, both for his own sake and ours. 

[emoji38]

As is the case with almost any case that’s played out in the media, we have no way of knowing whether he is genuinely addicted or not. I read that something that said he’d racked up major debts which obviously is addictive behaviour. However, who the fuck can trust anything nowadays in the age of “clicks for cash”.

All we can do as a club and fan base is try and support him and he needs to do everything in his power to make good on this. The motivation for him should be that hes still young and sorting this out now before it gets worse is the best thing that could happen to him. He has to see it in a positive way even if it feels overwhelmingly negative 

26 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Whilst I acknowledge the hilarity of your post, it's doable and we need to do more to protect ourselves in future. The club can't just bemoan bad luck. 

You started it ?

The only thing any club can do is insert clauses in both the players contract AND the selling club's invoice for recompense of anything comes to light that, subsequently costs. 

The former won't sign and the latter won't agree. 

The only thing left is phone tapping and/or hacking into their wifi

I can't get past AC knowing about it like :lol:

When we got him, media and other clubs fans were all wondering how we got him and going on about how nobody thought he'd be available, even Milan fans weren't happy at him being sold.  To me it would explain a lot if they did know about it (officially or not). 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I can't get past AC knowing about it like :lol:

When we got him, media and other clubs fans were all wondering how we got him and going on about how nobody thought he'd be available, even Milan fans weren't happy at him being sold.  To me it would explain a lot if they did know about it (officially or not). 

Its like the lab leak hypothesis. No pne knows for sure but howay man.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't buy the narrative that it was impossible to believe we would sign Tonali like. PL clubs sign captains of clubs from poorer leagues all the time, local lad or not. Players also leave their local club all the time. 

Aye, I mean we signed the captain of Ajax under Mike Ashley, it's not beyond possibility we'd be able to sign the captain of Milan at our peak. :lol: