Sandro Tonali: charged by FA after alleged betting breaches / unlikely to serve additional ban (Hope)

The Prophet

On 19/07/2023 at 04:29, jigen said:

I am Italian and follow him every week. 

Tonali played for Milan 3 years. 

The first season: very bad. Second: great. Third: average. 

He is a good player. But not a top talent. He is not in the league of Bruno and Isak. For me you have overpaid: the fair price is 40-45m euro. 

On 19/07/2023 at 07:50, loki679 said:

@Milanista is gonna kick your face off.

His opinion is the most common about Tonali, by far. This is true even before he was sold, I have to be honest. Even amongst those who were the most offended at the sale, many concede that they think he's an expendable player that you overpaid for.

I do not share this opinion, I think he can be world-class. My opinion is a minority opinion.

Also: reports in Italy are particularly firm about the idea that you paid 70m Euros (at minimum) with bonuses to get to 80m, some tout higher numbers, but the consensus is 70m plus easy bonuses to get to 80m. This is true even among the most virulent Inter fan journalists.

It seems I have become a punchline here, so I'm not sure if I'll be as active as before, I don't want to be rude in my responses as I am a guest here. I don't take kindly to jabs at Milan, and some of the responses I've read seem mean-spirited... so many of you have been so genuinely warm and nice to me, I'd rather not spoil that by lashing out. I'm Italian and emotional and I'd rather be cordial.

3 minutes ago, Milanista said:

His opinion is the most common about Tonali, by far. This is true even before he was sold, I have to be honest. Even amongst those who were the most offended at the sale, many concede that they think he's an expendable player that you overpaid for.

I do not share this opinion, I think he can be world-class. My opinion is a minority opinion.

Also: reports in Italy are particularly firm about the idea that you paid 70m Euros (at minimum) with bonuses to get to 80m, some tout higher numbers, but the consensus is 70m plus easy bonuses to get to 80m. This is true even among the most virulent Inter fan journalists.

It seems I have become a punchline here, so I'm not sure if I'll be as active as before, I don't want to be rude in my responses as I am a guest here. I don't take kindly to jabs at Milan, and some of the responses I've read seem mean-spirited... so many of you have been so genuinely warm and nice to me, I'd rather not spoil that by lashing out. I'm Italian and emotional and I'd rather be cordial.

Hope you stick around, I think a lot of the comments have been what we call tongue in cheek, and no offence meant whatsoever. 

A lot of us grew up with great admiration for Milan as Calcio was show in the Uk for many years on free to air tv and for those of us who couldn’t afford sky fell in love with the game primarily due to this. 

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

@Milanista you're no punchline. The Italian that showed up made little sense. You do.

As an Italian American whose great grandparents landed from Santa Catarina I like your perspective.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

@Milanista you're no punchline. The Italian that showed up made little sense. You do.

As an Italian American whose great grandparents landed from Santa Catarina I like your perspective.

Indeed, his perspective is great I only want to hear more from him not less! 

11 minutes ago, Milanista said:

I think so much of the humour (and mean-spiritedness at its worst) is largely a recognition that this sort of transfer just isn't what we're used to. It's like the flow of the universe going the wrong way. 

Newcastle are still the underdogs and not recognised for what they do well; the media in the UK especially only seem to focus on the negatives and downplay the positives. Unless you're a team wearing red or blue you're just not worthy or respect. So some of the blowback is borne of that bitterness. 

I hope you stick around!

First view of Tonali during the week at Ibrox and have to say I was impressed. Passing was better than I was led to believe and seems to have a great engine getting about the pitch.

Not sure he’ll be the creative answer in midfield in terms of breaking down tight defences, but alongside Bruno and Joelinton they’ll be a real handful in terms of energy and physicality.

5 hours ago, Milanista said:

Well said, that man. Please don’t interpret a bit of gentle ‘ribbing’ as an attempt to ridicule in a humiliating way,  I think it is more just a reflection of (a) you’re seen as one of the gang (a very welcome one) and that kind of banter/micky taking goes with the territory; (b) there was general incredulity that we did sign him, which matched your own and made it funny when it happened. 

11 hours ago, Milanista said:

You're no more a guest on here than anyone else and there a good few on here that follow other clubs. At times things can be said, disagreements etc but providing it's not abusive it's all good .

Stick around you might actually find yourself rooting for us at some point and become our goto guy for Italian football (I hit Kaizero a bit for Norwegian football tips and won a bit "yay Stabaek").

7 hours ago, madras said:

You're no more a guest on here than anyone else and there a good few on here that follow other clubs. At times things can be said, disagreements etc but providing it's not abusive it's all good .

Stick around you might actually find yourself rooting for us at some point and become our goto guy for Italian football (I hit Kaizero a bit for Norwegian football tips and won a bit "yay Stabaek").

Stabæk?:kasper: Bodø/Glimt is the way to go:snod: Look North…:aww:

33 minutes ago, maze said:

Stabæk?:kasper: Bodø/Glimt is the way to go:snod: Look North…:aww:

Nah. Years ago I asked Kaizero for a run down on the Elitisarien. He tipped Stabaek to do well..... they won it. I vaguely remember them being a goal down to Rosenborg and backing them to win and they win 2-1 on their way to the title. They were a big winner for me that season. 

Edit......15yrs ago FFS. Can you remember this @Kaizero ?

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, madras said:

Nah. Years ago I asked Kaizero for a run down on the Elitisarien. He tipped Stabaek to do well..... they won it. I vaguely remember them being a goal down to Rosenborg and backing them to win and they win 2-1 on their way to the title. They were a big winner for me that season. 

I actually remember, jesus fuck time goes by fast 😫 I used to do betting tips for the Norwegian leagues during the off-season in the betting thread, feels like yesterday but it must be at least 10 years or so since I stopped doing them? 🫠

13 hours ago, madras said:

Yes, back in 08 they had the likes of Alanzinho and were high-flying. They are ‘the local team’ were I live, actually. Seeing that I support B/G, and wants every team North of Trondheim to do well tells you where I’m from:)