Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

What does SEB even mean?

Thought it was something specific to the mackem message board

Aye

It's the RTG version of Giggs (Though the SEB existed way before)

It's to do with the Sophie Ellis-Bexter joke about murder on Zidane's floor 

On 22/07/2023 at 03:37, The College Dropout said:

@Milanistahow would you compare Tonali to Barella?

His first few detailed posts in this thread cover it if you can look back mate. 

I think the gist was they are not necessarily comparable given they play distinctly different roles, but Barella is more attacking and does far less defensive duties. I think I also read that Barella has thrived when he’s had a wingback and 3rd center back for cover. 

Edited by Kanji

54 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

How did Tonali play?

Played as the deepest of our central midfielders most of the first half he played. Mostly responsible for Villas first goal, generally seemed to struggle a bit with the tempo/physicality. Good learning experience for him though.

So based on the reactions to his first two games, he's either world class/signing of the summer or piss poor. 

Hopefully his next game balances things out. 

20 minutes ago, TBG said:

So based on the reactions to his first two games, he's either world class/signing of the summer or piss poor. 

He looked off the pace and, unsurprisingly, not yet sure of his exact role / positioning.

Which given he has played under 90 mins for us in preseason and has likely only had a few training sessions with us is completely normal. 

Some of the reactions are the real worry. 

44 minutes ago, TBG said:

:lol:

Villa are a tough strong side. They bullied us in the away game last season, so even in a friendly can imagine Tonali got a far more physical and competitive experience. I think it's very useful for him to get an idea of the pace and power of the game to come.

The formation was definitely an issue, he looked like he knew his role/position a lot better against rangers in the 433. Tbh the whole team looked dodgy for the first 30 last night; it was an extremely open game

42 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Would be good for FFP. If I have my calculations right, selling him for £50m allows us to spend £150m.

Someone doesn’t quite grasp how FFP works 😂😂😂