Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Said it in the first half - every team he's played so far (barring a few minutes against Sheffield) have been teams that dominate us on the ball. He'll look a lot better with time to adjust to Howe's system and playing against weaker teams to build his confidence 

29 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Said it in the first half - every team he's played so far (barring a few minutes against Sheffield) have been teams that dominate us on the ball. He'll look a lot better with time to adjust to Howe's system and playing against weaker teams to build his confidence 

100%

If he had started the Sheffield United game in the exact same role he played tonight, he likely bosses the game with the space they gave us in midfield.

All a learning experience right now. When the full adjustment comes it's going to make a huge impact in the team.

Then will come all the pathetic shameless backtracking from the usual suspects that don't really know what they are looking at when they are sat watching these games.

He was very poor first half, touch was off, passing was poor. Caught on the ball a few times which is the hallmark of a player not yet used to the pace of the game here. I think Howe said he hasn't trained much recently.

Given the teams we've played, it's been some baptism of fire for him. Could hardly have had harder fixtures to get acquainted with English football. Hopefully it'll do him good though. I'd echo the sentiments of wanting to see him against teams when we've got more of the ball. 

I don't think he'll play in both but I think I'd rather see him against Burnley than PSG. Imagine Howe will prefer him for the CL.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Which way round is the spaghetti/Moretti, then? :lol: 

The song seems to have evolved into a load of noise, and then a gap before…. HE HATES FUCKING SUN’LUN. 

One of the worst songs in football matching his performances is apt.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Which way round is the spaghetti/Moretti, then? :lol: 

The song seems to have evolved into a load of noise, and then a gap before…. HE HATES FUCKING SUN’LUN. 

We've sussed why he's been so poor. This is the first bit of English he's learned :lol: