Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His offence was legit against the rules and cheating. But he did it as a Spurs player which is why I think the FA was the ruling party.

I don't think it's enforceable and would create a black market. But in a perfect world, I would ban gambling. It's a massive net negative to society.

Ban gambling. Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Sorry if already mentioned but it’s worth pointing out that betting rules in Italy are much stricter than in the UK. 

In the UK you are not allowed to bet on a competition you are directly involved in whereas in Italy you cannot bet on any games organised by FIGC, UEFA and FIFA - basically all of it. I remember Buffon, Maresca and a few others being investigated for it ages ago and it was eventually dropped. 

Fully depends on the details but if he has broken Italian rules but not FA rules he’d probably be okay. What Toney did is effectively banned in all leagues which is why he’s not been loaned elsewhere. 

You’d imagine if there was suspicion of criminal wrongdoing they wouldn’t have just let them return to their clubs. Story has blown up there and it seems they just want them as far away from it ahead of their important Euro qualifiers. 

Not true. It’s a worldwide ban on any form of football under FA rules.

13 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Presumably, if Milan knew then Tonali did too. Also, given the strictness of Italy's rules on this, it would make him a bit daft.

That's all totally hypothetical of course if there's even anything at all behind this, which nobody knows. Think I'll wait till whatever investigation is done and we know what (if anything) has happened.

If there's anything serious, I might get so furious I'll knock half a point off my transfer window score so help me.

If Tonali didn't disclose then the redress would likely be limited to termination of contract.

If Milan didn't disclose then they have sold an asset under false pretences (potentially - one for the lawyers to argue over) and they could be sued for the impaired value

All hypothetically and the severity of any offence/ban would be taken into account

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

I don’t know what that is

omertà

/ˌəʊmɛːˈtɑː/

noun

(among the Mafia) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to the police.

"loyal to the oath of omertà"

Posted in good faith assuming I am not being whooshed here!!!!!

Edited by OCOCOL

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

Not true. It’s a worldwide ban on any form of football under FA rules.

Ah you’re right serves me right for taking Google’s except of the FA website. What I’ve said only applies to below the conference it seems. Ah well every day is a school day. 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/betting-rules#:~:text=No Participant can bet on,passing inside information for betting.

I think he's been fine. He's clearly not Howe midfielder-level fit yet. Howe likes em very dynamic.

Tonali wasn't a metronomic ball-recycler in Italy, he's more a creator, so it shouldn't be a surprise for him to be hitting loose passes in a faster league. As with the fitness, it will take time for him to get up to speed. I thought it clear at the end of last season that we leaned too much on Bruno to make things happen, so I was happy we went in for a creator and not a #6.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Ban gambling. Jesus Christ.

It's just my personal view.

In reality, I would treat it like cigarettes. No advertising. No high-street stores. Massive warnings where people can partake. It doesn't add anything to society. It should be confined to those who really want to participate and there should be stricter liability on individual bookies.

I would probably do the same for most illegal drugs. Make it legal to the point of largely removing the organised crime element and supporting those who are addicted.

21 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I think he's been fine. He's clearly not Howe midfielder-level fit yet. Howe likes em very dynamic.

Tonali wasn't a metronomic ball-recycler in Italy, he's more a creator, so it shouldn't be a surprise for him to be hitting loose passes in a faster league. As with the fitness, it will take time for him to get up to speed. I thought it clear at the end of last season that we leaned too much on Bruno to make things happen, so I was happy we went in for a creator and not a #6.

Most of his creation was via set-pieces. I don't think he's a creator in the Bruno F, KDB or Maddison mould at all.

44 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The thing about gambling is, you need to know when to start and when to stop. 

You've also got know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away... and know when to run.