Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Although It's good he can train I can imagine a few managers being pissed off having someone there all week who can't play games.

Yeah Bruce would be ecstatic, no match fitness required. “Right let’s get the bacon baps in!” 

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

Although It's good he can train I can imagine a few managers being pissed off having someone there all week who can't play games.

We’ve seen Howe being able to keep buy in from players out of the team. Just look at Lascelles, Karius and how much Dubravka appreciates being here after his experience at Man U. 

Iron sharpens Iron. Plus allows him time to integrate, get up to fitness and learn the language and the tactical systems.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Is it clumsy racism to suggest Italy, and by extension Italians, as corrupt? 

No, it's factually accurate to describe the Italian court system as corrupt. Stop reaching to excuse your own shortcomings, it's pitiful.

They should just make Sandro live at the training ground for the next ten months. Fitness. Language. Tactics. When he comes back he’ll have stamina like Miggy, speak English and Geordie like a native, and know Eddie’s brain inside out. He’ll come back double the price we paid for him. 

Edited by Miggys First Goal

29 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not sure like. You see quite often having to stick academy players in for the odd session just to make up the numbers. He's going to have Tonali for the team to practice with. 

4 hours ago, madras said:

Toney's was a sanction set by the English authorities. Tonalis will be set by Italians.

Well aware of that.  But he is still playing for an English club, under the English FA.  

Sounding like he will be allowed to train, anyway.  Which is great news, all things considered. 

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

There’s no such jurisdiction as Britain. Our legal jurisdiction is England and wales. The jurisdiction will very likely have been agreed by the parties in the contract, and is usually chosen by the party with greater bargaining power. If we were super keen to get him and had no idea about the betting problem, it could be that we face Italian jurisdiction. This would be tough because their court system is very corrupt, and Milan are likely well versed and well backed.

I don't practice in the UK so I can't comment on boilerplate language, but I'd imagine that's baked in in any Premier League counsel's precedent.

And interesting as this discursion is,  it's no bearing on the main point: Milan will undoubtedly be bogged down by a litigious PIF hungry to twist the knife, so to say -- and that point stands regardless of wherever the claim will be filed.

24 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I don't practice in the UK so I can't comment on boilerplate language, but I'd imagine that's baked in in any Premier League counsel's precedent.

And interesting as this discursion is,  it's no bearing on the main point: Milan will undoubtedly be bogged down by a litigious PIF hungry to twist the knife, so to say -- and that point stands regardless of wherever the claim will be filed.

I agree with you re: precedent, but I've no idea which jurisdiction is usually chosen. I'd assume CAS is the chosen arbitration method, but not sure how they decide which jurisdiction applies if the two sides don't agree. If it's English law we're absolutely going to try and skewer them, I agree; but I reckon it would be hard to prove definitively enough (and that's before we come to the prospect of trying to enforce any such judgment in Italy). I could be wrong - maybe we'd be able to make a persuasive case either way on the balance of probabilities (the civil law burden of proof here).

I sort of take your point about PIF, but to me they've come across as not willing to spend if it's not going to produce a useful outcome or a return. For now they'll certainly be investigating the likelihood of being able to get compensation or some form of punishment for Milan / allowance for us in the circumstances.