NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

46 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What wages is he on? That’s what tells you the story…

Liverpool players play for the honour of wearing the famous red shirt in front of the famous kop. Unlike the mercenaries that play for money at Newcastle and Man City.

Can't see Liverpool being consistent enough defensively to mount a serious challenge. It was their Achilles heel last season and all that will have changed is that an already ageing Van Dijk and Fabinho are a year older, Robertson has run the bollix out of himself for another 40+ games and Alexander Arnold thinks he's a midfielder now.

Don't come in here much as it's mainly just bullshit media/Twitter snippets. I'll just say though that anyone starting to fret, should go again and listen to the Chairman's recent interview. If ever a statement of where this club is going, then his spells it out In literally black and white. Whatever people think about the ownership, there is one thing the are steadfast on and that is being the best. It's going to take a little time whilst we build up our revenue/commercial streams. We are the topic of discussion because other clubs/managers/supporters know it's only a matter of time until we rise to the top. I encourage all of us to trust the plan and enjoy the ride. As for transfers, I'm pretty certain we will be busy this summer, so don't shit the bed. 

41 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Szob is going to be class. Can’t help think he’s been a fan choice and probably a year or two away from being a realistic transfer.

Tonali didn't seem especially realistic either mind.

10 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Tonali didn't seem especially realistic either mind.

Agreed. If you asked me a month ago who was the more realistic target between Szoboslai and Tonali, I'd easily have said Szob.

The cricket's was a bit dull at the end of the Aussie innings, so I listed this up from transfermarkt. Our production from LW and RW in the PL in 22/23. Does not include players switching positions or Willock going down left wing from midfield etc. 

LW

Maxi                    P24        G1         A5          1103 mins

Joelinton            P11        G4         A1          990 mins

Murphy              P6          G1         A1          336 mins

Isak                     P5          G0         A1          376 mins

Fraser                 P4          G0         A0          230 mins

Gordon               P3          G0         A0          163 mins

Anderson           P1          G0         A0          20 mins

Total                         G6         A8          3218 min                         

RW

Miggy                P30        G11       A2          2429 mins (wolves sub added)

Murphy              P18        G3         A1          731 mins

Anderson           P1          G0         A0          78 mins

Gordon               P1          G0         A0          26 mins

Fraser                 P1          G0         A0          9 mins

Total                         G13       A3          3273 mins

(Gordon is down as an "AM" for when he scored)

RW should also include heavy crossing from Trippier but its too complicated to work out with free stats. Couldn't be bothered to look up Ritchie for his few minutes.

Anyway, I don't think the above totals are that bad. They're not Saka/Martinelli level for sure, but we are where we are in the journey. Right should be around one goal or assist in two games when Trippier is added in. Our best mid, Bruno, also plays hangs out a lot on the right side. Left produced what it produced with limited support from LB. A paid stats account could probably work out xG and xGa from the different sides.  There were some notable misses off Maxi setups. Whoscored has us attacking 39% down the right, 26% up the middle, and 35% up the left. Left just edged right 15% vs. 13% with shots. 

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Do we think Miggy is likely to get ten or more goals in a season again?

On a different note, where do we get our dopamine hit from if Elon totally fucks it?

I would probably say not, at this stage. 

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Do we think Miggy is likely to get ten or more goals in a season again?

On a different note, where do we get our dopamine hit from if Elon totally fucks it?

What's the Elon thing mean?

11 minutes ago, Mountain said:

What's the Elon thing mean?

Twitters messed up, so they’ve restricted the number of tweets people can see.

image.thumb.png.fb3d345eaf1f3a1aab3e8ee2b7907057.png

Edited by SAK
To add the musk post

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

Twitters messed up, so they’ve restricted the number of tweets people can see.

I can see a mass exodus from Twitter. I use it regularly, won’t refresh as at the limit, so probably will just phase it out as something I use. Comfortingly NewsNow is still the shit click bait site it always has been.

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

The cricket's was a bit dull at the end of the Aussie innings, so I listed this up from transfermarkt. Our production from LW and RW in the PL in 22/23. Does not include players switching positions or Willock going down left wing from midfield etc. 

LW

Maxi                    P24        G1         A5          1103 mins

Joelinton            P11        G4         A1          990 mins

Murphy              P6          G1         A1          336 mins

Isak                     P5          G0         A1          376 mins

Fraser                 P4          G0         A0          230 mins

Gordon               P3          G0         A0          163 mins

Anderson           P1          G0         A0          20 mins

Total                         G6         A8          3218 min                         

RW

Miggy                P30        G11       A2          2429 mins (wolves sub added)

Murphy              P18        G3         A1          731 mins

Anderson           P1          G0         A0          78 mins

Gordon               P1          G0         A0          26 mins

Fraser                 P1          G0         A0          9 mins

Total                         G13       A3          3273 mins

(Gordon is down as an "AM" for when he scored)

RW should also include heavy crossing from Trippier but its too complicated to work out with free stats. Couldn't be bothered to look up Ritchie for his few minutes.

Anyway, I don't think the above totals are that bad. They're not Saka/Martinelli level for sure, but we are where we are in the journey. Right should be around one goal or assist in two games when Trippier is added in. Our best mid, Bruno, also plays hangs out a lot on the right side. Left produced what it produced with limited support from LB. A paid stats account could probably work out xG and xGa from the different sides.  There were some notable misses off Maxi setups. Whoscored has us attacking 39% down the right, 26% up the middle, and 35% up the left. Left just edged right 15% vs. 13% with shots. 

11+3=14

Murphy scored at a similar rate when playing right wing. One was the freaky Spurs shot, but the other two were tap ins. We led the league in hitting the woodwork, so that has to be weighed against any "our lads can't score all them again!" type theory. We also have to be wary of lingering Cabbageheed era views of our players. We are now seeing coached versions of them, not flukey hot streak versions, like Willock when he was on loan. Miggy was immense vs. Brighton at the end of the season, he didn't score, but was all over them. It certainly quashed any doubts I had about him.

Offtopic, but here's ASM vs. Joelinton as left wingers. One a super creative winger and the other an above-average wide forward who's also a (not shown here) super ball-winner/destroyer. Not a bad pair to have. It opens up lots of tactical options.

maxi joe.jpg

11 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

11+3=14

Cheers! :doh:

One was Miggy's goal as a sub that had to be added in after. Transfermarkt didn't have it down as "RW".

The tl:dr and anti-stats version is that I think our widemen (and the team in general) are better than they are given credit for.

So what’s the plan here? Wait for all the other big spenders to blow their cash so we get a free run at the likes of Lavia? Noticed Man Utd can’t afford Onana because of FFP, Liverpool and Arsenal must be close to being finished for this window. Leaves Chelsea who want caicido, and Man City.

Just now, Ronson333 said:

So what’s the plan here? Wait for all the other big spenders to blow their cash so we get a free run at the likes of Lavia? Noticed Man Utd can’t afford Onana because of FFP, Liverpool and Arsenal must be close to being finished for this window. Leaves Chelsea who want caicido, and Man City.

Spurs are likely to be close to being done as well unless they sell Kane, they have spent a lump buying players that were on loan last season so no Improvement to the first team.

I've given up on reading about transfers already this window, the two I thought were pretty much nailed on have ended with the players going elsewhere and the rest of the stories seem to be pure guesses from the press. Until any new players are standing in St James with our shirt on I'm ignoring it all to avoid disappointment. Just hope we've strengthened enough to cover the extra games next season by the time the new season kicks off.

... now to enjoy my summer without distraction.

I reckon we’ll go in for Veiga now that a lot of the other teams have seemingly stepped aside. Not sure I like the fact that he’s a bad passer but has all the physical attributes Howe likes in midfielder.