NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, Stal said:

Not a "take", it was a question to garner opinion.

Bizarre take of a "take" tbh ;)

“Anyone else” suggests it was a “take”. But whatever. Answer is no. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“Anyone else” suggests it was a “take”. But whatever. Answer is no. 

A take is an opinion, no? So "anyone else" suggests a question (along with the question mark). It wasn't my opinion, it was a question and I'm sorry you felt it bizarre. But enough semantics, thank you for answering.

EDIT: Nope, you're right. "anyone else" would indicate a take. Fair enough, badly worded by me. Massive apologies. 

Edited by Stal

Just feels like an absolute vacuum at the moment in terms of actual links, esp after Maddison and Szobs went elsewhere. 

Only things in the papers seem speculative at best. No doubt the club working hard. Hoping for Diaby or someone out the blue.

We don't need to worry about lack of links in the press.

Which half the time are purposely pushed by selling clubs, agents or click bait.

Seems we do our work behind closed doors on players that are on our list despite clubs not proactively selling.

We have probably had a number of knock backs but then deals like Bruno, Isak and Sandro come good.

I see we are also trying hard for youth / academy players but we have to as the young uns automatically qualify for the Uefa youth / champions league too (so they need massive improvement) !!

Two fold benefit for the senior team qualifying for the champions league

Edited by JonBez comesock

20 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Just feels like an absolute vacuum at the moment in terms of actual links, esp after Maddison and Szobs went elsewhere. 

Only things in the papers seem speculative at best. No doubt the club working hard. Hoping for Diaby or someone out the blue.

I much prefer this way. The journo's know feck all and just guess or spread whatever dumb rumour they've heard or made up, and as frustrating as it is to not hear much, i like the approach giving nowt away.

You can be certain Ashworth and the rest are working hard to bring players in, and not just for numbers. It's not just a position we look for, it's the players personality, the no dickhead rule is a major factor in our recruitment. I love the way we do things now, even if it's slower and you hear very little on whom we may be after.

Edited by Bimpy474

However, it is not only United's first-team stars and supporters who should look forward to a return to facing Europe's elite after an absence of two decades. Newcastle's entry into the Champions League also means the club will enter an academy side into the UEFA Youth League next season, a 64-team tournament featuring every club to qualify for the continent's leading competition.

I'd be surprised if we're prioritising LW over RW. ASM, Joelinton and Gordon are all good-to-excellent options there, plus Isak and Anderson have also played there and been effective. If we're targeting the likes of Barnes, you have to wonder if we're planning to make room. 

Meanwhile, RW is literally just Miggy and Murphy who, despite their contributions last season, you wonder if they really have the quality to sustain their form for another season. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd be surprised if we're prioritising LW over RW. ASM, Joelinton and Gordon are all good-to-excellent options there, plus Isak and Anderson have also played there and been effective. If we're targeting the likes of Barnes, you have to wonder if we're planning to make room. 

Meanwhile, RW is literally just Miggy and Murphy who, despite their contributions last season, you wonder if they really have the quality to sustain their form for another season. 

It'll either be an ASM replacement if we get him, or we'll view one of Maxi and Gordon as a right winger. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It'll either be an ASM replacement if we get him, or we'll view one of Maxi and Gordon as a right winger. 

Yep. Whether there is actually any interest in Maxi is just speculation at this point, but I reckon if Howe could swap like for like with Barnes he would do it given the option.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Isn't that what Luke Edwards said would happen? 🙂

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I’d rather have Maxi tbh.

It's hardly the worst situation to settle for Maxi if we don't sell. At the end of the day it's what Howe prefers which matters though, and I still think given the option he'd trade ASM for Barnes.