NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Elye Wahi linked via FootMercato

https://www.footmercato.net/a5368339655088087026-strasbourg-tente-sa-chance-dans-le-dossier-elye-wahi

“Arsenal and Newcastle remain in the race

Yes, but here it is, if the Blues are manoeuvring in this matter, we are able to inform you that this is an operation intended to strengthen the Racing Club of Strasbourg, recently acquired by Todd Boehly, currently at the head of the London team. A file that promises to be complex for the moment. Author of 19 goals and 6 assists in 33 Ligue 1 matches last season, Wahi would begin, for his part and always according to our indiscretions, to get impatient. One thing is certain, number 21 of the MHSC is getting closer, in any case, to a start during this summer transfer window.

As we revealed to you a few weeks ago, Frankfurt is and remains on the spot in the Bundesliga. But the German club will only advance its pawns when the Randal Kolo Muani file is about to be closed, which is still very far from being the case. Finally, we are able to inform you that the Eagles are not the only ones interested on the other side of the Rhine either since a training of a better standing is also in the ranks. On the English side, Arsenal (which is to sell Folarin Balogun) but also Newcastle (always on the lookout for a good blow) are also on the lookout. Trained at the club, the seventh best scorer in Ligue 1 in the 2022-2023 fiscal year is, in any case, about to offer himself a new challenge in his young career. In Alsace or in another training? Response in the coming days”

😬😂

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Another scoop for Talbot this morning with Everton in for Gnonto.

He's bang average, but he gets a ridiculously harsh rap on here. He's got a better hit rate than the likes of Hope and Edwards and he's not been in the game anywhere near as long.

I watched him on the Fully Loaded podcast a few weeks back  - comes across very sound to me - if he doesn’t know he is straight up and says it 

"Throw enough shit against the wall and some of it will stick" is Talbot's approach imo. Far more wrong than right from what I've seen.

Same strategy as Football Insider, which people will sometimes defend along similar lines. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yep :lol:

Almost feels like the Barnes stuff was just so the journos could feel relevant for a while 

Aye we’ve discussed him a lot but it feels if we were in for him it would be a lot further on that it appears to be. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Aye we’ve discussed him a lot but it feels if we were in for him it would be a lot further on that it appears to be. 

Not ever deal will be quick and easy though. We haggled for weeks over Gordon.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Perr Schuurs to Palace. Anderson anyone?

They’d want £40m+, and he’d demand to be first choice. So, do you want to break up the Botman/Schar partnership, or go for a cheaper understudy?

6 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

They’d want £40m+, and he’d demand to be first choice. So, do you want to break up the Botman/Schar partnership, or go for a cheaper understudy?

Give you Schaar for Schuur? Can't be suure

Could see us targeting a pacy centre back who can do a job at right back. Kills two birds with one stone in terms of progression planning for Schar and backup for Trippier. RB is arguably our weakest position in terms of squad depth, because I can't think of another player whose injury will hurt us more than Trippier (bar maybe Bruno, but we've done what we can there). If there's an up and coming pacy and versatile centre back to come in and compete for the two positions, I think it's an easier sell to the player rather than a dedicated right back like Livramento who is asked to come in and be backup and wait a season (or more if Trippier holds up and keeps going).

Left back is often mentioned but Targett was very consistent up until his injury, and I'm pretty sure we were top 4 form when he was a regular in the side in the second half of 21/22 season. His injury record prior to last season was solid, so it depends if they trust his fitness. At the moment, I think I'd rather have a quality backup to Trippier because if he's out, everyone is going to target that side.