NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Why would a Saudi team spend their transfer budget on helping us? Imagine being a fan of Al-Ittihad, giddy with excitement that you’re signing Benzema, only for your team to loan him to Newcastle :lol: .

It’s as likely as us sending them Tonali on loan. Fanciful stuff.

Edited by McCormick

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Why would a Saudi team spend their transfer budget on helping us? Imagine being a fan of Al-Ittihad, giddy with excitement that you’re signing Benzema, only for your team to loan him to Newcastle :lol: .

They are owned by the same owners. Would be a way to avoid FFP and get their best talent assembled on their most globally known team.

Should we expect to get Mickey Mouse on loan as they have the same owners?

Each company under the PIF banner has its own set of vested interests and ownership models, man. I’d argue getting the Saudi League a broader worldwide audience is of more importance to vision 2030 than helping us out at their expense. The teams acquired by PIF have massive followings in KSA, their fans would be furious!

15 minutes ago, McCormick said:

They wouldn’t but I would also say I very much doubt they have a budget. At a  push maybe about £5 billion is their budget but could well be more. 

35 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Should we expect to get Mickey Mouse on loan as they have the same owners?

Should at least expect PIF to push Disney to remake Goal! with Disney characters to attract young fans all over the world

4 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Should at least expect PIF to push Disney to remake Goal! with Disney characters to attract young fans all over the world

Some sort of football Space Jam equivalent starring Joelinton and Jason Tindall would be my dream. I will also accept Fabian Schär to ignite his movie star career.

43 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah and I’d hate it if we resorted to that shit

Then we can't really say FFP is shit then can we.

Just another rule that we aren't breaking same as not loaning players from Saudi

45 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah and I’d hate it if we resorted to that shit

Would like to have waited until we'd caught up to all the other teams who have resorted to that shit before FFP put the blocks on, not going to lie.

If PIF was to sneakily put money into one of the clubs they aren't associated with over there, wouldn't it be quite difficult for the FFP police to trace that back to them?

Then they just get that club to buy player x. Win, win.

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Everyone expected PIF to come in and start throwing money around and breaking the rules like City. I actually like that we are playing within the rules AND winning. Must drive certain people crazy. 

I agree with you on that, what is PIF's actual investment strategy ? from the company's they have invested in, including the Golf, they seem content to provide capital but seem happy to let others run the business. 

18 hours ago, Ikon said:

Would be too many windows in a row without strengthening our RW imo. Can’t see us not doing it tbh. (Very much hope so!!)

I’m starting to think that Gordon will

be seen as the starting RW this season, don’t think we will be signing someone else.