NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Yawn , typical Sky. Why's it a story that we're paying the going rate for players ?

Villa for example  have signed Diaby for 55 million , Torres for 33  and last season bought Carlos for 31 million and Coutinho for 20 million. Clubs buy players , clubs with more money tend to spend more on players , never this fuss when Liverpool are spending a load.

9 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Yawn , typical Sky. Why's it a story that we're paying the going rate for players ?

Villa for example  have signed Diaby for 55 million , Torres for 33  and last season bought Carlos for 31 million and Coutinho for 20 million. Clubs buy players , clubs with more money tend to spend more on players , never this fuss when Liverpool are spending a load.

But Liverpool have a ceiling don't you know, poor impoverished Liverpool could never compete with the likes of us

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Chelsea locking up some FFP gunge there, think at this point in time I hate them more than Liverpool. Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool always vie for my most hated team

For me it's Spurs then Man U then Everton- Chelsea are a horrible club and I hate what they are doing to the game and the market but it gets balanced out a bit by a season like last year when they're hilarious.

Liverpool are annoying and far too self entitled. I used to like Klopp but he's such a little bitch now.

*the mackems are such a non entity now they don't even register. Their own bitterness is sweet enough.

4 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I'll also be at the True Faith event tonight. 

For the record I don't dislike any of the local journalists really... just something about Hope really winds me up. Like he talks with far too much self-importance.

Craig Mope

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

Saw someone post on Twitter that we’ve always made our big money signings at the end of each window. Bruno, Isak, Gordon were all close to deadline day.

We have already made a huge one this summer in fairness 

Think we'll definitely sign another centre half before the window is done. We can go into the with Schar and Botman but when the opportunity is right, we'll pick up another centre back as either cover or to replace Schar. 

Also think with Livramento coming in, it frees up Trippier to play on the left if needs be but Howe is happy with Burn for now I suspect. 

I think he's also happy with our right wing too but when we do go big again, it'll be for a right sided forward.

There was fuck all in regards to transfers from tonight besides what Downie "thinks might" happen; could spend £35m-£40m on a LB, could also look for a loan with an obligation to buy in that position. Then it turned into how great a bloke they all thought Dan Burn was.

Glad I didn't pay myself for it, put it that way.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There was fuck all in regards to transfers from tonight besides what Downie "thinks might" happen; could spend £35m-£40m on a LB, could also look for a loan with an obligation to buy in that position. Then it turned into how great a bloke they all thought Dan Burn was.

I enjoyed it 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Enjoy your beers though?