NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Stal said:

Really don't want anyone who doesn't also want us. I have (thankfully) fading bad memories of that shitarse mcclaren constantly going after a French midfielder who clearly didn't want to come (forget his name, we did sign him eventually) and he didn't set the world alight here. I don't blame the player for that but I don't want anyone who hasn't thoroughly grasped the notion of coming here is something special, especially at this early time. 

I don't know if this lad has done that specifically, but that's how I feel about going after anyone who has already snubbed us. Not the right mentality for us.

Thauvin?

32 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

You not watch him loafing about against Wolves and us for two of the goals conceded out the three? Just ambling around like a 5 a side game. 

90mins against us in a team that plays possession football.

Varnigh 70% possession in that game so not much call to be bursting his lungs. 

Other than that, this season he's played 70mins of football in 3 league games and 7mins in the CL. 

You're some judge, yee like 😉

Ps 27 yr old Kalvin Philips won't be on our radar but there's absolutely no doubt, or there shouldn't be, that he could do a job on loan in Jan. 

24 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

90mins against us in a team that plays possession football.

Varnigh 70% possession in that game so not much call to be bursting his lungs. 

Other than that, this season he's played 70mins of football in 3 league games and 7mins in the CL. 

You're some judge, yee like 😉

Ps 27 yr old Kalvin Philips won't be on our radar but there's absolutely no doubt, or there shouldn't be, that he could do a job on loan in Jan. 

Not really about being a judge. There is video evidence of him being a lazy fucker and jogging around aimlessly for our goal and Wolves’ second. Should be ‘bursting his lungs’ in those situations if he’s nice and fresh after barely playing and all that possession, shouldn’t he?  

I think we’re past buying rejects from the ‘big’ clubs, thankfully. 

Who knows. If we were to get him on loan with a reasonable option and he got some minutes and a run of games. The Leeds version would be great and I would like us to sign a DM. So not 100% against something like that. But he was injured (again) after joining and has since barely got a look in for City. With Pep seemingly happy to have players a bit out of position there. Instead of playing Phillips, a recognised CM. 

7 hours ago, Stal said:

Really don't want anyone who doesn't also want us. I have (thankfully) fading bad memories of that shitarse mcclaren constantly going after a French midfielder who clearly didn't want to come (forget his name, we did sign him eventually) and he didn't set the world alight here. I don't blame the player for that but I don't want anyone who hasn't thoroughly grasped the notion of coming here is something special, especially at this early time. 

I don't know if this lad has done that specifically, but that's how I feel about going after anyone who has already snubbed us. Not the right mentality for us.

Agree with all of that to be fair but if Howe wanted him then that’s good enough for me. Philips sitting with Tonali/Bruno or Longstaff etc. I’m happy either way to be honest 

12 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not really about being a judge. There is video evidence of him being a lazy fucker and jogging around aimlessly for our goal and Wolves’ second. Should be ‘bursting his lungs’ in those situations if he’s nice and fresh after barely playing and all that possession, shouldn’t he?  

I think we’re past buying rejects from the ‘big’ clubs, thankfully. 

Who knows. If we were to get him on loan with a reasonable option and he got some minutes and a run of games. The Leeds version would be great and I would like us to sign a DM. So not 100% against something like that. But he was injured (again) after joining and has since barely got a look in for City. With Pep seemingly happy to have players a bit out of position there. Instead of playing Phillips, a recognised CM. 

Unlike Fatty Phillips I’ve no appetite for this move.

With Phillips, I doubt if we'd match his wages, or the transfer fee, or even if City would sell or loan him to us. But he's a good player and would do a great job for us. 

I think we're the club he ought to have joined in the first place. City were always going to be a long shot for him, but I can understand a player being unable to resist the offer.

Edited by Cronky

10 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Reckon we’ll make any signing in January or save our stock until the summer?

I've got no doubt we'll be looking for players, but whether we sign any depends entirely on injuries and who becomes available is my best guess. 

25 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Lloyd Kelly is out of contract in the summer, I would have thought Howe would be after him as a squad player.

Another left footed CB though?

Give me Nico Williams however!!!

Edited by BonesJones

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I am not sure if Howe sees Burn in that role any more since he went with Lascelles.

I feel that Howe would rather only make the changes necessary as to cause less disruption to the side, rather than moving Burn to CB and starting Targett he’d rather just start Lascelles and keep Burn at LB.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I feel that Howe would rather only make the changes necessary as to cause less disruption to the side, rather than moving Burn to CB and starting Targett he’d rather just start Lascelles and keep Burn at LB.

Aye lascelles is definitely our 1st back up centre back now

I always thought the whole left centre back and right centre back thing was overrated and quite a new thing to me

Ideal if you've got a left and right footer but over the years it's never really been that big a deal