NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I feel that Howe would rather only make the changes necessary as to cause less disruption to the side, rather than moving Burn to CB and starting Targett he’d rather just start Lascelles and keep Burn at LB.

That’s pretty much the same thing; Burn isn’t going to be back up centre back if he is first choice left back.

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we're at our squad size limit now as well. Think it'll be one out, one in for a window or two. 

I reckon we’ll look at players under 20 (or whatever the rule is) for that reason too. In order to attract the best young talent we do have to prove that there are pathways into the first team.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Rather give Anderson the chance.

It’s looking more and more like Anderson is going to develop into a midfielder rather than forward.

21/22 Smith-Rowe was arguably the most promising young player in the league (well one of them anyway). Obviously there’s numerous examples of injuries completely derailing promising young players, but he’d potentially have a massive ceiling based on what we saw up to that point.

ESR entirely fits our current MO.

Would be really fucking helpful if  one of these lads could play RW wing though. :lol:

AG, HB and ESR are all right footers who have tended to play on the left. Can one of them shift to the right? 

19 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

That’s pretty much the same thing; Burn isn’t going to be back up centre back if he is first choice left back.

Initially, that was the plan though, which is why Burn started Brighton at CB. We looked better with Lascelles at CB and Burn LB and he's stuck with that.

1 hour ago, STM said:

ESR entirely fits our current MO.

Would be really fucking helpful if  one of these lads could play RW wing though. :lol:

AG, HB and ESR are all right footers who have tended to play on the left. Can one of them shift to the right? 

IMO - he doesn't. He doesn't have the required running power - which is a big reason he's not getting minutes at Arsenal too.

Like ESR, been unlucky with injuries and the form of the players ahead of him. Can see him going to Brighton though.

Who are the fringe players we’d look to sell (that would make any money)? Krafth, Dubravka, Hayden and Hendrick?  Be lucky to get 10m combined.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Like ESR, been unlucky with injuries and the form of the players ahead of him. Can see him going to Brighton though.

Who are the fringe players we’d look to sell (that would make any money)? Krafth, Dubravka, Hayden and Hendrick?  Be lucky to get 10m combined.

Manquillo only other one can think of or

Jacob Murphy.....this time last year nobody would have batted an eyelid if we sold him but he had that canny little spell. I reckon he's one who'd actually get a half decent fee as well. As much as I think he's a good lad.

Ruthless and all that..

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Targett and Murphy possibly.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I like Smith-Rowe, but the fee required to get him wouldn’t make sense for us imo.

This. I think the only real gap we have long term now is a top class RW to compete with Miggy. Shouldn't really be spending anything else on the midfield atm.