NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

46 minutes ago, Nine said:

We are tight FFP wise already, I won’t be surprised to see us cash in on one of our more highly valued players this summer to open our options up again. As Ashworth has said we have to trade.

The expectation from the media is we will be in a much stronger position FFP wise next summer. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

My ideal signing would be Saka (when uninjured) but I don’t think he’ll be available for some years to come.

I hope he stays at Arsenal* tbh. Feels inevitable that he’ll end up at City though. One-club men are few and far between these days.

*(with the exception that he may absolutely sign for us :lol:)

Edited by Deuce

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

If we signed someone like Paqueta to play on the right we could switch formation between 4-3-3 and wingbacks with a box midfield mid game which would be a nightmare for the opposition to try and stop.

I just want to see Brazilcastle fully realised with Bruno, Joe and Paqueta samba’ing in front of the Gallowgate after spanking in the 9th against Liverpool. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

The expectation from the media is we will be in a much stronger position FFP wise next summer. 

We will, but the management will be planning 5/6/7 windows ahead. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if a player leaves for decent or big money next summer, it would open more doors for us in the mid/long term.

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Over 50% of our XG came in 2 games this season so it isn’t an indicator that you would want to use on its own, in the same way it could be said that we have had a tough start so it was to be expected that we would struggle with XG in the more competitive games.

You can look at last seasons xG too though where we were 4th. We consistently create chances.

We've had a few bumps this season but I don't think creativity has even been an issue in isolation. We were horrific in possession at City, Brighton was one of those games like at Villa Park where the opposition is excelent and we are poor, and the less said about Liverpool the better.

Edit: Basically we've been outplayed in 2 games this season (Man City & Brighton away) and I don't think a player like Maddison helps us in either.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

25 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You can look at last seasons xG too though where we were 4th. We consistently create chances.

We've had a few bumps this season but I don't think creativity has even been an issue in isolation. We were horrific in possession at City, Brighton was one of those games like at Villa Park where the opposition is excelent and we are poor, and the less said about Liverpool the better.

Edit: Basically we've been outplayed in 2 games this season (Man City & Brighton away) and I don't think a player like Maddison helps us in either.

As I’ve said in the part of the tweet that you didn’t quote, my issues with the midfield is not about the side creating chances but more it being able to strengthen what I see as weaknesses that we should look to rectify, with the aim of making us even better.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

As I’ve said in the part of the tweet that you didn’t quote, my issues with the midfield is not about the side creating chances but more it being able to strengthen what I see as weaknesses that we should look to rectify, with the aim of making us even better.

I didn't quote it because the discussion was about us needing an attacking midfielder and being able to get away from the 4-3-3 (I think the stats backup that we don't need to do either). I'm not arguing that we cannot improve our midfield.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

If we signed someone like Paqueta to play on the right we could switch formation between 4-3-3 and wingbacks with a box midfield mid game which would be a nightmare for the opposition to try and stop.

Could do worse than Jarrod Bowen.

5 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Over 50% of our XG came in 2 games this season so it isn’t an indicator that you would want to use on its own, in the same way it could be said that we have had a tough start so it was to be expected that we would struggle with XG in the more competitive games.

While I agree you can't just look at xG this also seems like an overly negative way of dismissing the fact we lead the league in it 20% of the way through the season.

Our two best games account for 50% of our xG.

Liverpool's two best are 39% of their xG.

Brighton's are 41%.

City's are 48%

Arsenal's are 46%

It's pretty normal for a couple 'boom' games to prop up the number.

10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

While I agree you can't just look at xG this also seems like an overly negative way of dismissing the fact we lead the league in it 20% of the way through the season.

Our two best games account for 50% of our xG.

Liverpool's two best are 39% of their xG.

Brighton's are 41%.

City's are 48%

Arsenal's are 46%

It's pretty normal for a couple 'boom' games to prop up the number.

I’m not dismissing anything, only saying that it isn’t an indicator that you would want to use on its own.