NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

My feeling was that signing Tonali and the emergence of Anderson (and to a lesser extent Miley) meant we were probably OK at CM. Then Tonali got banned, Anderson picked up an injury and Miley was ill, all before Willock was back to full fitness. 

Edited by Keegans Export

17 hours ago, joeyt said:

Diaby would have been great for us

He'd have needed to seriously up his defensive work IMO. Villa accommodate him up front in a two with a solid midfield four which lets him get away with a hell of a lot out of possession. That's very different to playing out wide in our system. I can see why Howe apparently had apprehension - although to be honest I don't think Barnes is the best out of possession either.

He's a perfect fit for Villa mind. Emery is no mug with his signings (except for Tielemans, who looks a terrible fit).

18 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

RW is the only position we haven’t directly strengthened since the takeover.

I am still all out on buying a 3 sided attacker 

Would gladly take

Amin Gouiri and Y Minteh

Nico Williams and Y Minteh

F Chiesa and Y Minteh 

Most likely we will get a young forward 

I also think we need 1 more midfielder and a CB then “squad” is complete 

Possibly Todibo and Kone - really like Javi Guerra from Valencia also 

Wouldn’t take Gouiri at all. Talented but super lazy and no athleticism; don’t think he’d suit Howe’s philosophy at all. Moaning twat who strolls about blaming others when he puts in poor shifts. I just really don’t like him tbh :lol:.

Been linked heavily to Williams in previous windows; think he’s the next one in at rw.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Wouldn’t take Gouiri at all. Talented but super lazy and no athleticism; don’t think he’d suit Howe’s philosophy at all. Moaning twat who strolls about blaming others when he puts in poor shifts. I just really don’t like him tbh :lol:.

Been linked heavily to Williams in previous windows; think he’s the next one in at rw.

Ah fair enough 

There’s also Cherki but I am guessing read the same for him - he’s completely 2 footed so very adaptable 

Niko would be amazing btw

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Getting someone that contributes more than Wor Miggy is going to cost many, many pounds. Obviously he won't last forever like. 

I keep saying that to everyone who'll listen, whenever I hear undue criticism of him. To get a player who offers more than Miggy, you're looking at £70-£80m.

If we didn't have Barnes already then i would try for Antonio Nusa. Unfortunately he is more of a leftie. Unsure about the right side. Would have wanted Neto but he is quite injury prone. Otherwise he would have been perfect. Still haunts me that Arda Guler went to RM :lol: Suffered a bad injury too unfortunately.

Edited by Ikon

22 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Ah fair enough 

There’s also Cherki but I am guessing read the same for him - he’s completely 2 footed so very adaptable 

Niko would be amazing btw

Ah shit. Apparently I’m a massive racist. It was Rayan Cherki I was thinking about ffs :lol:.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We seem to be linked quite regularly to Williams from Bilbao, and we do tend to focus on long term targets. I’ve not seen him play mind so no idea what type of player he is.

Which one? Nico or Inaki? Nico's the good one. 

38 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Getting someone that contributes more than Wor Miggy is going to cost many, many pounds. Obviously he won't last forever like. 

Our scouting is incredible and there's so many players out there.

We'll find another gem in that 30 to 40 million range that has been unreal for us.