NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It's always the same, familiar PL players like Anderson, Barnes or Gordon are always deemed as underwhelming, but the riskier foreign asset is almost always preferred, regardless of ability.

I think this is true.

But also.. PL players are expensive. Unless the player is old, contract running out, PL to PL transfers are ridiculously inflated.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I think it's cos he looks mid 30s and his name's Bryan

Any chance he actually is mid-30s and there's been a bit of licence with his birth certificate? It's not like it's unheard of.

I don't think howe thinks in the same way we do about players for the team. He's been asked many a time about defensive midfielders and believes the type we already have are good enough for the system he prefers to play. So unless he decides to change his philosophy I cannot see him bringing a dedicated defensive midfielder in. 

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still don’t think we will look to loan any players from Saudi, even if it’s not banned.

I think it was more about drawing attention to it/the other clubs and then getting an official line drawn in the sand. 

Edited by cubaricho

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Love how we're the ones that everyone bangs on about, despite the fact we've not done it yet and other clubs have on multiple occasions :lol: 

Think it's all a red herring anyway, I doubt any clubs outside of Saudi would want to be paying those sort of wages regardless of how good the player is. That's the main reason players went out there in the first place.