NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Doesn't half feel like:

a) an early tester for perhaps a summer move.

Or.

b) An agent (he's represented by his family) trying to get his name out for a move in the next 6 months.

19 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

£50m+ on a 26 year old back up striker would obviously be insane, especially given our FFP restrictions.

The more I think about it the more it’s obviously just Edwards bollocks. 

I think it'd depend on if we thought we could sell Wilson. If someone like Bournemouth or Brentford (if Toney goes) see Wilson worthwhile getting for around the £25m mark, I think we'd buy Solanke or similar for £50m.

We'd have the number 9 position tied down for the next 4-5 years between him and Isak potentially, in that time you could be signing a young striker on the cheap or bring through an Academy product who can step in when one of those goes.

27 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

£50m+ on a 26 year old back up striker would obviously be insane, especially given our FFP restrictions.

The more I think about it the more it’s obviously just Edwards bollocks. 

Be alreet if we’re flogging Isak to Arsenal, man.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

5 transfer windows into the new ownership and most the discussion is on who we need to sell so we can buy

Fuck ffp

It took us years and years. In 2004 we cleaned house, got in loads of cheap young players and started to build. Didn’t get top 4 for five years. After that it was another five years until Poch, then  we were established in the top four.

Big sales of our best players - 

2006 - Carrick
2008 - Berbatov and Keane

2012 - Modric
2013 - Bale

2017 - Walker

2023 - Kane

Initially good management/ownership, then FFP forced it. It’s a slog,  two steps forward one step back etc etc. We had to sell our best players consistently - up till last year FFS. So bloody frustrating, but we made it - to here at least.

I understand the frustrations with FFP but I’m also happy that it’s reduced people throwing money at things, and for example we might be seeing Chelsea and hopefully Arsenal (please God) starting to struggle with it. Right now there genuinely are eight teams with a chance of winning the league this year or next year. You’ve got a really good set-up now (or are building one) on and off the pitch and it’s going to be financially stable and keep you at the top table probably for years. So…can you not enjoy the ride? I mean, what’s the rush?

In fairness, the one thing I absolutely trust about our ownership is maximising revenue.

I think we will see an astonishingly positive set of figures next time out (from an income perspective) and our commercial side will probably see one of the biggest growth by a football club, ever.

We've also had to do it by being sqeaky clean (we'll sort of, Sela, nudge wink).

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It took us years and years. In 2004 we cleaned house, got in loads of cheap young players and started to build. Didn’t get top 4 for five years. After that it was another five years until Poch, then  we were established in the top four.

2006 - Carrick

2012 - Modric
2013 - Bale

2017 - Walker

2023 - Kane

Initially good management/ownership, then FFP forced it. It’s a slog,  two steps forward one step back etc etc. We had to sell our best players consistently - up till last year FFS. So bloody frustrating, but we made it - to here at least.

I understand the frustrations with FFP but I’m also happy that it’s reduced people throwing money at things, and for example we might be seeing Chelsea and hopefully Arsenal (please God) starting to struggle with it. Right now there genuinely are eight teams with a chance of winning the league this year or next year. You’ve got a really good set-up now (or are building one) on and off the pitch and it’s going to be financially stable and keep you at the top table probably for years. So…can you not enjoy the ride? I mean, what’s the rush?

Liam Gallagher Oasis GIF

Solanke fits the profile perfectly tbh, he’s a pressing monster and stays fit very consistently. Ability wise it would make a lot of sense.

He wouldn’t come cheap though, unless there’s a clause in place.

Edited by Nine

5 minutes ago, STM said:

In fairness, the one thing I absolutely trust about our ownership is maximising revenue.

I think we will see an astonishingly positive set of figures next time out (from an income perspective) and our commercial side will probably see one of the biggest growth by a football club, ever.

We've also had to do it by being sqeaky clean (we'll sort of, Sela, nudge wink).

Could argue we haven’t even got close to maximising revenue, maybe not through lack of effort. Still think there are a few massive opportunities for us to get more income that we haven’t taken.

8 minutes ago, Deuce said:

I’d not be turning my nose up at Solanke at all. He’d be a great depth addition.

Not sure we need depth additions at the money he’d cost, we need upgrades to the first 11.

We should be looking around for a young striker as back up, or preferably a versatile forward who can play across the front line like the lad from Sporting.

Howe will end up out of a job if he continues to pursue his preference for expensive British players who don’t take us to the next level.

Edited by Whitley mag

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Anyone who thinks we’d cope well by selling Bruno needs to have their head checked.

Yeah we’d make a healthy profit but how much would a replacement cost, even if you could find one?

Weve got a solid 5 years of prime Bruno to look forward to. He never had all that much pace to start with so he’ll continue as is.. just become more efficient and experienced.

I wouldn’t sell even for 200m

Logic dictates we will have to sell one of our prize assets sooner or later, unless we manage to do a Brighton and sign a load of 5m players and turn them into 50m players. As for not selling Bruno for 200m, his reported release clause is half of that. If Barcelona or PSG came in with that this month he'd be off.

21 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

2006 - Carrick

2012 - Modric
2013 - Bale

2017 - Walker

2023 - Kane

One thing Spurs are lacking is a productive academy.

The rest of the top 6 can shift youth players on young players for a lot of money. Spurs can't at the same level. 

Can’t see how you sign Isak and follow that up with Solanke tbh. He’s never looked a natural finisher to me. We need to be making signings that will be 1st team regulars.

If we have any realistic ambitions of breaking into the Top 6 on a long term basis this wouldn’t be the way I’d go about it. I’d rather keep our powder dry until we can get the quality player. Very difficult but with FFP we have to get every signing right.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

One thing Spurs are lacking is a productive academy.

The rest of the top 6 can shift youth players on young players for a lot of money. Spurs can't at the same level. 

Not at the same level, but not too far off.  Generated quote a lot of money last year :lol:

Man City and Chelsea are kind of in their own league there. Would be interested to see the figures over the last five years. It feels like a lot of the success is dependent upon how many players you can poach from lower league academies or abroad.

Edited by leffe186