NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why would they accept that low of an offer ?

Might it not help them out of the financial pit they are in? Or do you reckon that the books this season/year might not be taken into account?  

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Less than what they paid ?

They paid 25m + add-ons, so it's hard to know exactly where they value him now.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Only way would be if a considerable chunk of the £17m of add ons hadn’t been achieved. Wolves also have a 15% sell on clause.

Forest will pay an initial £25m for Gibbs-White, plus about £10m in add-ons dependent on league appearances and if Forest avoid relegation. On top of that £35m package, Forest would have to pay further add-ons if they were to record a top-half finish or qualify for Europe. Wolves have also inserted a 15% sell-on clause in the deal.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Might it not help them out of the financial pit they are in? Or do you reckon that the books this season/year might not be taken into account?  

I just think they will ask for huge money, Johnson went to spurs for 40 I think, and MGW is a better player. 60 million minimum I reckon. (Complete guess though)

Honestly have zero idea how the next week and a half is going to pan out. 

We could sell three huge players, maybe more? Sell no players, bring in 3 players, bring in none. Can't even say for sure what position we will bring in!

What a mental end to arguably the most boring first half of a window in years.

34 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Sick of this and fuck so-called FFP.   Have to sell your best players if you want to compete at the top, and then you can't compete because you've sold your best players.

Exactly, and why should it be better to sell a homegrown player?

It should be more value to keep the homegrown players.

FFP is only good for the clubs who were rich before it was introduced. For other clubs it's just a thing that makes it harder and almost impossible to compete.

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Sick of this and fuck so-called FFP.   Have to sell your best players if you want to compete at the top, and then you can't compete because you've sold your best players.

People get too strung up on this FFP stuff :lol: It's obviously something the top clubs had in mind to protect themselves, and the rules definitely needs adjustsments, but I'm glad there is something that prevents another Chelsea/Man City happening, and I like that NUFC is trying to do it the right way.

That being said, it's gone alright for West Ham & Tottenham this season selling their best players...well Tottenham the last 20 years really.

Re-invest smart and continue to grow the club commercially and we'll get there sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Conjo

Maybe it's the masochistic NUFC fan in me but I think it would be a lot less fun if we could just spend infinite money every window.

It's a good thing that ownership is being forced to think about building sustainably and growing the club's commercial infrastructure instead of just going out and buying Robinho. The Saudis (hopefully) won't be there to bankroll everything forever.

Edited by oldtype

20 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Maybe it's the masochistic NUFC fan in me but I think it would be a lot less fun if we could just spend infinite money every window.

It's a good thing that ownership is being forced to think about building sustainably and growing the club's commercial infrastructure instead of just going out and buying Robinho. The Saudis (hopefully) won't be there to bankroll everything forever.

The worst thing about it for me is the way a lot of our fans on social media cry about us not buying every fucker.

In one tweet they are ripping Everton fans and in the next having a pop at the club for not spending money on Kalvin Phillips. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Forest in talks to sign Reyna from Dortmund on loan with an option to buy so he could be the Gibbs-White replacement.

They are also in talks to sign Carlos Borges on loan from Ajax, apparently.

Guess it comes down to how much or little of a virtue you see in repeat Chelsea/Man City situations. 

I didn't like Blackburn at the time for this reason and Abramovich finished any love of the game off but in hindsight without Blackburn, Man City and Chelsea the premier league would have been shite and people would be complaining about Man United and Arsenal alternating the title. Could argue there was no reason for Liverpool to get involved in that had Chelsea not happened and broke up the strangle hold that we couldn't be legit means, they certaintly weren't serious contenders before.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

They probably have to sell now having breached ffp

also ffp limits how much people can pay them, which they have to bare in mind

Edited by Wolfcastle

23 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Are we rich in the summer?

Sort of.  We need to make an FFP ‘profit’ this season otherwise we’re in breach.  So next season we can run a loss again (if we choose to do so).