NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

21 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

The amount of stories on the news sites being posted with titles like "Newcastle to sign £50m monster", etc, it's laughable, especially when the same news sites were also reporting about out FFP issues days previously.

It's almost like they need clicks to pay the bills....

IF we sell someone, we will absolutely be trying to sign someone.

I don't see a scenario where we sell a player and dont sign someone. That would be weakening our squad, during an injury crisis, and I've seen nothing from our owners to suggest that they would ever consider doing that.

The only justification, would be a potential summer rebuild, where we went a signed 6/7 players and therefore the FFP benefit for selling Miggy would be worth it.

Going by Howe's comments he seems far more concerned about players leaving than optimistic of anyone coming in. I’ll be amazed if we sign anyone now. Unbelievable really 

32 minutes ago, STM said:

IF we sell someone, we will absolutely be trying to sign someone.

I don't see a scenario where we sell a player and dont sign someone. That would be weakening our squad, during an injury crisis, and I've seen nothing from our owners to suggest that they would ever consider doing that.

The only justification, would be a potential summer rebuild, where we went a signed 6/7 players and therefore the FFP benefit for selling Miggy would be worth it.

If that last paragraph is the case, then we may as well wait until the summer to sell Miggy instead of leaving ourselves short for the remainder of the season. (Unless it’s a ridiculous fee thats being offered).

I think some activity is more likely than no activity. We've bleated on about our difficulties every single transfer window and ultimately done something in the end. I get FFP is more of a restriction now than when we've publicly bemoaned it previously, but I still wouldn't be surprised if it was none out one in. 

Plus Almiron and Lascelles not featuring yesterday just feels a bit writing-on-the-wall-y.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Miggy or Wilson goes, with the money freeing up two or three permanent transfers in the late teens/early twenties category to boost the squad.

I don’t think the club thinks no new players in and no player sales is the desired outcome by the time the window closes.

15 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Can’t wait for the summer transfer window. 

Well Eale’s has used the word ‘transformative’ so I’m looking forward to it too. I would imagine Miggy, Wilson, Lascelles out plus contracts of others winding up. Sponsorship coming into play. Proper squad overhaul.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Felt clear as day again last night that we can't persist with the midfield 3 of Longstaff, Bruno, Miley. It just doesn't really work. Obviously we can hope to get Willock back fit and even Anderson would maybe suit that left mid role better than Miley and Longy but it's a big risk to the end of the season, especially as Bruno will miss 2 possibly 5 games depending on cards he picks up. 

14 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Was watched by Nickson.

Could this be Miggys replacement?

Looks a very exciting prospect. I never really trust any rumours coming from Italy mind.

Jan 28th, so getting close to the window slamming shut and "Harvey Barnes is like a new signing!" type clutching of straws.

All this talk of FFP and balance sheets can't be good for the Premier League's "product". Its like watching the business news or shite like The Apprentice.

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Felt clear as day again last night that we can't persist with the midfield 3 of Longstaff, Bruno, Miley. It just doesn't really work. Obviously we can hope to get Willock back fit and even Anderson would maybe suit that left mid role better than Miley and Longy but it's a big risk to the end of the season, especially as Bruno will miss 2 possibly 5 games depending on cards he picks up. 

You’ve got exactly the same issue with Anderson. No real athleticism or creativity. 

Anderson is a different player to Longstaff altogether, like. Very good at taking the ball on the turn in half spaces and I think getting him back will be a big plus for us. Will not improve us defensively but I think he's much more suited to that more advanced LCM role we play than Longstaff or Miley.