NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Longstaff wasn't meant to be a starter this season, never mind next. 

Aye, in an ideal world where Tonali isn't banned, and Joelinton and Willock both remain largely fit I'm not sure how many minutes he would've gotten. Likely just cup games and appearances from the bench where we need energy to see a game out. 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Is he injured? Hasn’t played for the U21s since beginning of March and I don’t think he’s been on the bench for the first team in that time

I don’t know. The way the season has went would be just our luck if he is. 

For me we need 2CBs regardless of L Kelly who I see more of an alternative LB option 

Murillo from Notts Forest as left sided option 

Maybe someone like Simakan (Leipzig) as the right sided option 

My personal preference is Scalvini 

10 minutes ago, Mikky said:

For me we need 2CBs regardless of L Kelly who I see more of an alternative LB option 

Murillo from Notts Forest as left sided option 

Maybe someone like Simakan (Leipzig) as the right sided option 

My personal preference is Scalvini 

Murillo has some heavy hitting admirers. Lots of Champions League clubs now hovering.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Murillo has some heavy hitting admirers. Lots of Champions League clubs now hovering.

Hence the need to act - he really is quite impressive - physical and quick, plus good on the ball 

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

Plus Scalvini can give you an option as 6

I’m still all in on Ederson though as the Longstaff replacement 

Tonali certainly is the Longstaff replacement?

Joelinton-Bruno-Tonali should be our starting midfield next season. We do not need a LB if Hall finally is seen as an option. More likely that we sell a LB in Targett or and release one in Ritchie.

14 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Tonali certainly is the Longstaff replacement?

Joelinton-Bruno-Tonali should be our starting midfield next season. We do not need a LB if Hall finally is seen as an option. More likely that we sell a LB in Targett or and release one in Ritchie.

If our medical team pull their finger out our centre mid is well stocked to be honest. Get Lloyd Kelly and Tosin in. Look to move on one of Miggy or Murphy, we cant have 2 back up RW and impove that area of the squad. Move Longstaff, Targett possibly Wilson on and bring in a back up CF. Then a few younger players like Minteh and I think I'd be happy enough to be honest I dont think the team needs the overhaul people suggest unless Bruno or Isak do move on.

Even if we bring in one CB we are only one injury from playing Burn or Lascelles. Im not confident Schar will hold up as good as he has up until now injury wise. Hell of a big summer transfer window we are heading into.

Edited by nufc123

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Even if we bring in one CB we are only one injury from playing Burn or Lascelles. Im not confident Schar will hold up as good as he has up until now injury wise. Hell of a big summer transfer window we are heading into.

If it’s someone who’s a legit elite defender, leader type, then I wouldn’t be concerned about that. Because a top

defender will make those around them better with the increased confidence/leadership. 

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

And we are seemingly going to be very restricted with what we can spend.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

And we are seemingly going to be very restricted with what we can spend.

I dont think we can go into the season with a back line of Schar, Burn, Lascelles and maybe a Kelly. 

We should have been looking at another centre back anyway before Botman was injured, I don’t think his injury means we need to sign 2 CB’s now though, being realistic about what we can spend next season.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A CB who can also navigate commercial deals and FFP...

In February 2023, he obtained a three-year degree in Business Economics at the Pegaso Telematic University, presenting a thesis on Torino's marketing model

4 hours ago, nufc123 said:

How about looking it as Lascelles or Burn being an emergency 6 month signing in August to keep us tiding over to Botman coming back?