NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

17 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Rather take a points deduction than sell Bruno or Isak or Gordon or Tino

everybody else is fair game

Take the -4, lose Bruno at its taking a -15 at least.

3 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Can’t agree with that at all. They’re both clearly top quality players and by far and away the most talented in the team. Two players can’t carry a side alone and you need different skills to complement them and get the best out of their talent. I’m pretty sure Haaland wouldn’t get anywhere near the amount of goals he does if he played for us and De Byrune just wouldn’t look as good. 

And also, leaving aside that he's a Brazil regular and all, there wouldn't be all this noise around him (Klopp apparently wanting him etc) unless big clubs weren't actively trying to unsettle him.  Can't think of a more important player for us, for what he brings both on and off the pitch.

27 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Thought Onana was quality against us last night, would love him in our midfield 

There certainly some talent there, but not for the £70m that they would want to sell him. Same goes for Jarrod Branthwaite, would love him here, but we can’t be chucking £60m about for everyone 

Not good enough on the ball imo. He’s not quick/technical enough when there’s little space/time. If we want to evolve we need players that are proper quality on the ball. He’s good defensively and physically but that only gets you so far. Do not want. Especially for the price he would cost. 

Edited by Ikon

49 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not good enough on the ball imo. He’s not quick/technical enough when there’s little space/time. If we want to evolve we need players that are proper quality on the ball. He’s good defensively and physically but that only gets you so far. Do not want. Especially for the price he would cost. 

That was my thoughts too, but thought his ability on the ball was good yesterday, suprised me

Not saying he is Rodri or Bruno G with the ball, but he showed some ability 

7 minutes ago, janpawel said:

That was my thoughts too, but thought his ability on the ball was good yesterday, suprised me

Not saying he is Rodri or Bruno G with the ball, but he showed some ability 

He was hardly pressed at all and mostly had quite a bit of time and space. Seen him so many times and he his press resistance just isn’t good enough imo. If we want to go to the next level we need players better on the ball . It would allow us to “rest” from our intensity at times as well as control games better. Often when we are pushed back and defend deeply we struggle to get a grip of possession again and the attacks often come wave after wave. I know we have injuries but even before it has been one of our weaker points as a team. 

On 26/03/2024 at 15:20, gjohnson said:

Well we've had a mid-table season with them, so is it just possible we could be over-rating them just a touch. Yes Isak has missed big chunks, but Brunos been pretty consistently available, just hasn't had the same impact this year as last. Not his fault admittedly due to what's been around him, but true greats drag others up to their level

Isak is about to hit 20 goals for the season and it'd probably been 30 if he and others had been fit more often. 

Bruno has played key chunks of the season with Longstaff and Miley either side of him. 

Elite clubs will see that. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Players will leave like, and quite a few of our best. It's a shame, but this season has totally fucked the momentum and set us back 2 or 3 years, just as the season before brought us forward the same kind of period. Both can be true BTW, it's not a dig, it's just the way it is. A season is a long time in football. 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

So according to the rumours 

Bruno is off to Man City

Joelinton to Man Utd

Trippier and Almiron to Saudi

Who will we miss most out of that group if you could choose only one?

Edited by Miggys First Goal

Bruno for sure.

There’s an argument that we’d struggle to ever find another right-back with Trippier’s ability and skillset again but his age and Tino’s emergence means it’s not as big a blow. 

Edited by McCormick

13 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I think it's difficult to argue against Big Jo. He's turned from a poor striker into a beast of a midfielder sort of the reverse to Alan Smith. He did this before Bruno came in, but has looked so much better with the undoubted class he brings to the side.

Difficult to argue that Bruno hasn't been as good without Jo there too though

49 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Bruno.

I don’t even think it’s close and that isn’t a slight on the other two. I love them and what they bring to the side. 

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Bruno. 

I can see the argument for Joelinton and @gjohnson is right that Bruno looks better with Joelinton there but I think what Joelinton brings to the team would be easier to replace, whereas the pool of players we could bring in to replace what Bruno offers would be incredibly small.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

Bruno is off to Man City

Joelinton to Man Utd

Another £100m player for Guardiola to put on the bench.

7 hours ago, Ben said:

Bruno is off to Man City

Joelinton to Man Utd

Add Wilson to Saudi according to rumours.

4 hours ago, Dokko said:

Players will leave like, and quite a few of our best. It's a shame, but this season has totally fucked the momentum and set us back 2 or 3 years, just as the season before brought us forward the same kind of period. Both can be true BTW, it's not a dig, it's just the way it is. A season is a long time in football. 

:spit:

You can't seriously mean that? :lol:

5 hours ago, Dokko said:

This season has not “fucked” momentum, nor has it set us back three years. Momentum can be gained very quickly in football. All it takes is 2-3 wins and then suddenly everything is rosy, the journalists are all positive, negative stories are ignored etc. Why do people go into stratospheric levels of paranoia when there’s no club football on.

4 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

This season has not “fucked” momentum, nor has it set us back three years. Momentum can be gained very quickly in football. All it takes is 2-3 wins and then suddenly everything is rosy, the journalists are all positive, negative stories are ignored etc. Why do people go into stratospheric levels of paranoia when there’s no club football on.

And just to make the point, if we had a ‘good’ season this year the same players linked away would have still been linked away and would be just as likely to move. We are early enough in our transition as a club that league finishes and qualifying for Europe are not as essential as some make out at this stage, it’s important to zoom out sometimes and realise that our top players will be tempted by established CL clubs regardless.

People will always get emotional when there’s a chance our best players are leaving and context is always lost.

Edited by Nine

16 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

Indeed, if we were to revisit all the sage opinions on how ‘fucked’ Spurs were from around this time onwards last season, they’d look fairly silly.

All it ever takes is two or three signings to work out really well and you can be right back with a positive feel around the club.

Edited by SteV