NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Hasn’t Roony just done his acl?

Yeah, it turns out he has? He was mentioned but a whole host of sides were interested, I guess nobody will be in for him then. That must have happened recently?

Its a shame Szmodics is 28, as if he was 5 years younger he'd be worth a punt as a third choice striker for around £10m/£15m 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester approach us about signing Barnes back this summer.

Not a chance for a variety of reasons

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Spurs would consider selling Richarlison. He’s not been the main man there since joining and I think he would be a great addition to our front three. Anymore remember how much he cost them from Everton?

Edited by andyc35i

Posted (edited)

Probably one for realistical transfer thread but I thought Sander Berge looked a good player.

Definitely feels like there's a bargain to be had there for squad depth were Burnely to go down.

Edited by Thumbheed

8 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Probably one for realistical transfer thread but I thought Sander Berge looked a good player.

Definitely feels like there's a bargain to be had there for squad depth were Burnely to go down.

A few years ago I would've agreed, but he's 26 and I don't think he's really developed that much over the last few years. 

10 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A few years ago I would've agreed, but he's 26 and I don't think he's really developed that much over the last few years. 

He's hardly played in the most successful of sides and 26 is a great age!!

16 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

We don’t actually have that bad depth at CM, this season has just been unprecedented in terms of injuries and the Tonali ban.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We don’t actually have that bad depth at CM, this season has just been unprecedented in terms of injuries and the Tonali ban.

I think we're severely underrating how important our midfield is to how we function and how improving it, is critical to our success and I'll bet that Howe sees it the same as well.

There's not a team in the world that operates at a high level without a top quality midfield and if we don't add then essentially, ban ir not the middle has stood still for 2 years.

46 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I wonder if Spurs would consider selling Richarlison. He’s not been the main there since joining and I think he would be a great addition to our front three. Anymore remember how much he cost them from Everton?

He would be perfect but Spurs bought him for ~£50m and he turns 27 next week. Doubt we are spending that much for someone who's resale value is only going to go down.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we sold Longstaff due to FFP, he'd be a decent 5th choice option.

Tonali

Bruno

Joe

Joe

Miley

Anderson

No real need IMO. He’d be nowt more than filler.

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester approach us about signing Barnes back this summer.

Would they be offering to pay with magic beans?

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I think we're severely underrating how important our midfield is to how we function and how improving it, is critical to our success and I'll bet that Howe sees it the same as well.

There's not a team in the world that operates at a high level without a top quality midfield and if we don't add then essentially, ban ir not the middle has stood still for 2 years.

We need a athletic midfielder to cover the ground and in some games be there to break up the play, too often we get cut through the middle and the lack of athleticism means teams are at our back 4. Need to be able to control games a bit more as well and retain the ball. Sell Longstaff, bring in a defensive mid, play Bruno, tonali or joelinton alongside and have Anderson/Willock and Miley as well.

Tough one as need 2 centre half, young striker and right forward as well.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Victor Roque currently unhappy at Barca. Should we go for him?

He’s supposed to be going out on loan next season whatever happens.

5 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Screenshot_20240506-002043.png

3 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I wonder if Spurs would consider selling Richarlison. He’s not been the main man there since joining and I think he would be a great addition to our front three. Anymore remember how much he cost them from Everton?

Not. A. Chance.

Overrated. Overpriced. Shite.

13 hours ago, 54 said:

Its a shame Szmodics is 28, as if he was 5 years younger he'd be worth a punt as a third choice striker for around £10m/£15m 

I have a lot of time for Blackburn so would like to see him stay, but if he's hell bent on moving we could do a lot worse as a stop gap rotation/cover for Isak and Wilson. Perfect for Howeball with his relentless pressing.

3 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Couldn't think of anything worse.

We should be targeting players with potential who will flourish under Howe, young talent that can grow into the side or be profitable. 

Antonio Nusa of Brugge, see teams like Brentford being linked in January for €25m but then holding off until the summer, we should be all over that, he's got huge potential. 

Likewise with this Dean Huijsen,

Hope we're braver on youth than in the past, much rather see us target talent with potential, than paying over the odds for squad fillers, or relegated teams wantaways.