NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Tbh it feels like everyone misses Longstaff when heā€™s not playing and at the same time he gets a shitload of criticism when he plays. For me heā€™s super important but still lacking in composure and technical ability. The good far outweighs the ā€œbadā€ though.Ā 

3 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Tbh it feels like everyone misses Longstaff when heā€™s not playing and at the same time he gets a shitload of criticism when he plays. For me heā€™s super important but still lacking in composure and technical ability. The good far outweighs the ā€œbadā€ though.Ā 

He is what he is, a decent 5th choice central midfielder.

Longstaff went through a major fan transformation last season. Murphy did too to a lesser extent. Donā€™t think thatā€™s due to race, just down to Longstaff playing more minutes and contributing more in a more pivotal squad role. Murphy only had to prove himself because heā€™d largely been terrible for us in his entire premier league career. Glad to say he played really well from February I think it was. I think the fans really like Murphy but itā€™s hard to get behind a player if they miss a ton of chancesĀ 

28 minutes ago, James said:

In my opinion there was a lot of casual racism / unconscious bias when it came to both Dyer and Bramble which meant that people saw some issues that werenā€™t really there.

Nothing to do with this stuff then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18254475.amp

Ā 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1314392/amp/Titus-Bramble-brother-arrested-hotel-rape-claims.htmlĀ 

Ā 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sunderland-fine-titus-bramble-following-sexual-assault-charges-6258957.html

Ā 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10842279/amp/Kieron-Dyer-reveals-trauma-falsely-linked-2003-roasting-scandal.htmlĀ (On Bramble not dyer)

People saw him for what he was, a prick.

Ā 

Hopefully he has maturedĀ 

Ā 

I have a random number in my head as to judge whether something good has happened.

Ā 

If I see '24 new posts' and I haven't looked for about 3 hours I usually think "Nah not enough 70% of those are debates. I needed to see 40+ ffs".

Football and society in general are a lot more accepting of people like Bowyer, Woodgate and Bellamy than the likes of Bramble and Dyer. Bowyer in particular wasnā€™t even good for us but got considerably less criticism than Dyer.Ā 
Ā 

Even after football. Those lads have all coached at a higher level than a lot of the more heralded black footballers. I remember reading Woodgate was an awful professional. Ā Bowyer and Bellamy have a couple incidents of violence to their name. You can add Barton to that list. Horrible person. Average footballer. Was much more popular than many of his more talented peers.Ā 
Ā 

I just know it was Bowyer that bit the man in the cheek in that infamous assault.

Ā 

And all those ā€˜blingā€™ nicknames were tinged with racism. Ā 

Ā 

Thereā€™s that one quote from Klopp about his first interaction with Mane is also heavily tinged in bias. Ā He took one look at him and made several ascertains about his personality without knowing him at all.Ā 

Edited by The College Dropout

Ryder has been hassling Kvaratskhelia's agent:

Ā 

"His agent, when approached by Chronicle Live yesterday, stayed silent too as did Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis. Yes, he is a player Newcastle have looked at and one Howe would love to sign but the head coach said nothing was close on Saturday".

Ā 

They probably haven't a clue who he is :lol:

Ā 

On a side note, it'd be class if the Chronicle site didn't crash your browser once you scroll past the headline.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ā 

"His agent, when approached by Chronicle Live yesterday, stayed silent too as did Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis. Yes, he is a player Newcastle have looked at and one Howe would love to sign but the head coach said nothing was close on Saturday".

Ā 

Ā 

On a side note, it'd be class if the Chronicle site didn't crash your browser once you scroll past the headline.

Shocking website.Ā 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i.e they didnā€™t take his call :lol:

2 hours ago, RS said:

Dyer was a self-entitled prick. Remember photos of his Bentley in disabled parking bays at cinemas etc.Ā 

Brambles greatest game at stJamesā€™ was without doubt the 5under1and game.Ā 

Ā 

Bellamy was a bit of a horrible cunt tbh, but he has always been treated as a hero, although I'm not sure that love was returned in kind. Always thought he was a bit sniffy about his time here.

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ā 

If the options are:

Ā 

Trippier plays 40 games and Manquillo/Krafth play 15 games & new left-back plays 40 games and Targett 15 (Burn returning to the CB pool)

Ā 

Or

Ā 

Trippier plays 40 games and Livramento plays 15 games & Burn plays 40 games at left-back and Targett 15, what would you prefer?

Ā 

Ideally we get both, but left-back is more important for me if it's one or the other.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Play it the other way around:

Ā 

Trippier plays for 10 games, and Krafth or Ashby (lol) plays for 45 games & new LB plays for 40 and Target/Burn play for the balance

Ā 

Or

Ā 

Trippier plays for 10 games, and Livramento plays for 45 games & Burn plays for 40 games with Targett the rest

Ā 

The drop off in quality at RB is massive. The likelihood that you have to play the back up is also likely higher (given age and style of play). Not to mention that Burn plays LB because tactically it fits betterĀ  - he becomes 3rd CB in attack, freeing Trippier to go forward.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ā 

Get a left-back who can do the same other side and just do what teams have always done, if one goes forward, the other sits? Then he's not the one having to be the one bombing on all game.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This is by design... at least last year. If you have a LB to bomb, you are not going to hold Tripps back to become 3rd CB. You would have both go forward and have to hold Bruno and Joelinton/Tonali/Longstaff to provide cover for the defense. Now, you only need to hold 1 of them back - so who do you rather have in a amore advanced position? a new LB or Bruno?

Ā 

We need to upgrade the squad in general, and LB would be great but not a priority. We know our starting 11 can get the job done, and we know the next 11 are absolute garbage. In a pre-FFP world you upgrade the starting 11 and dump the shit, but not in this world where you have pick your spots. At this time, you have to close the gap to your backups and at RB you are not going to upgrade on Tripps.Ā  Its not that different than the problem with Schar - although you could arguably upgrade Schar.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Bramble was a decent player but just thick as fuck and also used to go to Greggs to get pasties on the way home from training. šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Always loved this little snippet from Bobby:

Ā 

"He looks overweight, but he isn't. If you see him stripped, he's like Mike Tyson. He doesn't bite like Tyson - except in the tackle!"

Ā 

:aww:

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Ā 

Bellamy was a bit of a horrible cunt tbh, but he has always been treated as a hero, although I'm not sure that love was returned in kind. Always thought he was a bit sniffy about his time here.

Ā 

Who treats Bellamy like a heroĀ [emoji38]

Ā 

His time is remembered fondly because he was part of an excellent Newcastle side and scored some important goals, including that Feyenoord goal. I remember people in the early 00's thinking he was a twat, "but at least he's our twat" seemed to be the general concensus.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ā 

Who treats Bellamy like a heroĀ [emoji38]

Ā 

His time is remembered fondly because he was part of an excellent Newcastle side and scored some important goals, including that Feyenoord goal. I remember people in the early 00's thinking he was a twat, "but at least he's our twat" seemed to be the general concensus.

Ā 

So was Dyer though, that was my point. Bellamy was treated like a lovable rogue, as you yourself have alluded to. Dyer was hated by a large section of our fans and there was no 'But he's our twat about it". I don't know if you were part of these forums back then, but there was a fair bit of genuine hatred expressed towards Dyer by a pretty significant section of the posters.