NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What’s this about Titus now? Cucked someone from this board?

Cucked with uncomfortable photo evidence. Titan Titus enjoying a cuppa and Rich Tea biccie after doing some different “dunking” of his own.

24 minutes ago, Stal said:

Sorry to hark back to the previous few pages, but I haven't been on here all weekend and this story made me blink twice; the HTT you're mentioning in this Bramble story...is it the poster from here HTT (who I haven't seen post in ages come to think of it)?

:lol: 

No HTT used to have a forum called HTT before N-O existed. N-O is a merger of HTT and the (old) Toontastic forum. I can't remember the name of the poster who cuck'd for Bramble. Probably for the best. It was 18-19 years ago. Think we baited him out with "POIDH" thinking there was no way it happened, then being in shock when he actually posted the evidence of Bramble in bed with his missus :lol: 

10 hours ago, madras said:

There was a game at SJP V Arsenal with Bergkamp in his pomp. Titus dominated him and he was subbed at HT or soon after.

No no no. Bramble doesn’t get a redemption 

He was positionally awful, reckless and had no concentration. His occasional decent long balls masked he was shite in possession as well. He also had a stinking attitude and along with Dyer was one of the main reasons that team fell to bits. One of the worst players of that era 

3 minutes ago, James said:

In my opinion there was a lot of casual racism / unconscious bias when it came to both Dyer and Bramble which meant that people saw some issues that weren’t really there.

Dyer was really hated on the forums back then. I mean I get he wasn't the nicest fella, had a touch of arrogance, but you would have thought his sheer ability and excitement factor would get him some grace. But not really, there was some nasty posts around him.

35 minutes ago, JLC said:

Aye. Posting under a different tag here though. Skunkers was the nonpareil of message boards. In a time before twitter etc. It's good that some boards have survived

Not a place for those of thin skin 😂

Dyer was a self-entitled prick. Remember photos of his Bentley in disabled parking bays at cinemas etc. 

Brambles greatest game at stJames’ was without doubt the 5under1and game. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Dyer was really hated on the forums back then. I mean I get he wasn't the nicest fella, had a touch of arrogance, but you would have thought his sheer ability and excitement factor would get him some grace. But not really, there was some nasty posts around him.

Bellamy talked about this in a recent podcast. They were all the bling bling squad to fans.

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

:lol: 

No HTT used to have a forum called HTT before N-O existed. N-O is a merger of HTT and the (old) Toontastic forum. I can't remember the name of the poster who cuck'd for Bramble. Probably for the best. It was 18-19 years ago. Think we baited him out with "POIDH" thinking there was no way it happened, then being in shock when he actually posted the evidence of Bramble in bed with his missus :lol: 

Ahhhhh! That makes sense. Cheers for that :)

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Dyer still the only player I've heard racially abused in public, watching the match in the pub.

Racism isn’t just about abuse, it’s about how we treat players. Still happens today as players like Sterling will attest to.

The most common racism today is that many of us are guilty of holding certain players to a higher standard before we accept them and like them.

I think some attitudes towards Murphy in particular have been inwardly racist.

1 minute ago, James said:

Racism isn’t just about abuse, it’s about how we treat players. Still happens today as players like Sterling will attest to.

The most common racism today is that many of us are guilty of holding certain players to a higher standard before we accept them and like them.

Attitudes towards Murphy weren’t about racism at all imo. He was judged on performances like everyone else.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Course, I know. Just saying I have heard Dyer being abused publicly. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Attitudes towards Murphy weren’t about racism at all imo. He was judged on performances like everyone else.

yes he was judged on performances. But despite being at a similar level, he needed to perform better than particular peers (e.g Longstaff and Mitrovic) to be liked the same as them.

Just now, James said:

yes he was judged on performances. But despite being at a similar level, he needed to perform better than particular peers (e.g Longstaff and Mitrovic) to be liked the same as them.

Longstaff???? He still to this day gets more shite than most! I'd say local players thesedays are on a hiding to nothing

2 minutes ago, James said:

Longstaff is a bad example to compare him to, he gets more stick than anyone 

Just now, jack j said:

Longstaff???? He still to this day gets more shite than most! I'd say local players thesedays are on a hiding to nothing

yes he does get criticised as he is probably just outside of our 11 best players.

fans have however played the ‘loves the club’ card as a reason to support Longstaff and Mitrovic.

I’ve rarely seen that card played for Murphy despite the fact that I’ve seen more photos of child Murphy in an NUFC strip than the Longstaffs, Dummett and Mitrovic combined.