NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't hate Bellamy at all, he was class for us and it was the knacker Souness that got rid of him.

Yeah, much as I didn't like Bellamy it was balanced by what he delivered and there was only bad about an abject manager - and arsehole himself - forcing him out.

*Bramble was shite

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What did he say at the weekend to make you think he lied ?

"Depth [of squad] is huge for us this year.

With the competitions that we’re in, having three games a week, we need to be able to rotate the team, but to be able to bring in players who are of equal standard. That’s what we’re looking to do, but we know we have a lot of work to do that. Players are expensive these days.

We’re working within FFP guidelines, which is very difficult for us. We might need to be creative, but we’re trying to look at every avenue we can to make the club stronger."

There is no hint of saying we are one out and one in away from being done. Clearly there are constraints to work with, but the desire is there. Bringing in Barnes to replace ASM isn't at all addressing squad depth in the manner he's suggesting.

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

"Depth [of squad] is huge for us this year.

With the competitions that we’re in, having three games a week, we need to be able to rotate the team, but to be able to bring in players who are of equal standard. That’s what we’re looking to do, but we know we have a lot of work to do that. Players are expensive these days.

We’re working within FFP guidelines, which is very difficult for us. We might need to be creative, but we’re trying to look at every avenue we can to make the club stronger."

There is no hint of saying we are one out and one in away from being done. Clearly there are constraints to work with, but the desire is there. Bringing in Barnes to replace ASM isn't at all addressing squad depth in the manner he's suggesting.

Aye but Schar never misses games now since they replaced his body with that of an android.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think Premier league and Uefa would look at this.

Wouldn't happen anyway. No chance PIF would make a statement signing for Saudi Football then loan him back to the PL. 

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think Premier league and Uefa would look at this.

They can look as much as they want. Watford and Udinese have done over 50 transfers between the clubs in the past decade. 

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be understandable in fairness if PIF where buying our top targets for Saudi clubs over us.

I think this is our trump card to all these mega deals they're offering, if there's a player we really want (hopefully) the Saudi clubs will be told to take a step back unless it falls through with us. 

4 minutes ago, NSG said:

They can look as much as they want. Watford and Udinese have done over 50 transfers between the clubs in the past decade. 

So have the redbull clubs. Over £90m has passed between the two.

it’s not something I’d like us to start doing tho 

Edited by gdm