NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We are limited massively by FFP, I don't think many would dispute that, just the 'strict budget' stuff.

We kust don't seem interested in buying players unless they're a main target and for a good price.

Not according to Simon Jordan last year. I still cling to the hope we are bluffing. 

2 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Not according to Simon Jordan last year. I still cling to the hope we are bluffing. 

I don’t think we are fully bluffing. Ultimately the books will have to balance to fall within FFP. 

Don't know where I read it yesterday, might even have been Sky Sports, but Chiesa is apparently looking at other options now since we won't be meeting his £52m valuation. The suggestion being that he favoured a move here all things being equal I guess.

We're not going to be discussing budgets and our spending power (or lack off) under FFP with anyone.

So far the club have used the local press superbly to plant stories that serve its agenda. Constantly talking about FFP compounds the idea we don't have an unlimited budget to selling clubs, agents and over-expectant fans.

Just now, Manxst said:

Disappointing if true. 

Yep. Couple of years development, a season in the championship or abroad, then sell for £20m, with sell on/buy back clauses. Cycle continues.

Exactly what we should be doing.

4 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Yep. Couple of years development, a season in the championship or abroad, then sell for £20m, with sell on/buy back clauses. Cycle continues.

Exactly what we should be doing.

Or playing if good enough.

Not a lot you can do in this situation unfortunately when they haven’t yet signed pro terms. Chelsea do what they often do and offer ridic terms just to stack them high. 

Sure they did the same with a young Southampton player who was England captain in his age group. 

5 hours ago, Ben said:

As of today, I'm disappointed in our transfer activity this summer 

Don't think there's anything wrong with this post at all. As of today I'm disappointed with it too. Everyone's aware of the FFP restrictions being banded around. Everyone's aware that nobody really knows how much we have to spend.

I'm certain we'll do more, at least 1 more first teamer coming in. But I really wanted us to ship all the deadwood off ASAP (obviously not easy as nobody else wants them).

VERY much looking forward to the point where we're just looking at bringing 1 or 2 in, so we don't have to worry about this :lol:

1 minute ago, TRC said:

45m for a back up CB. Villa just got Pau for 35m

Not sure I believe the Disasi stuff. Plettenberg been pushing the same story for a week, and nothing has happened.

If you’re spending that kind of fee, I’d rather get a first choice CB. Be harsh on Schar, but he’d still get a shed load of games over the season.

Said it earlier, but I’d rather target Jean-Clair Todibo, who is younger, more highly regarded, and around the same kind of fee as Disasi.