NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

But differences being rumoured in the Hall saga. Some saying loan with 15M obligation, which seems quite low and others saying 30M up front for him permanently. I wouldn't be surprised to see this drag out until the last couple of days.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

But differences being rumoured in the Hall saga. Some saying loan with 15M obligation, which seems quite low and others saying 30M up front for him permanently. I wouldn't be surprised to see this drag out until the last couple of days.

Interesting those prices seem to be in line with what I was expecting and mentioned earlier.

Don't forget the initial loan is just a way to defer some of the payment if we are looking to sign him outright, and so it would likely mean an initial loan fee of maybe £10 million and then another £15 million next year and maybe add ons of £5 million or something so it would still be around £30 million.

Regarding Tierney, the injury to Timber has apparently made it MORE likely for Tierney to leave now, as they want to get in someone similar to Timber for this season as he is apparently out for the whole thing. 

Trouble is it has meant they are less likely to agree to a loan as they would prefer the money upfront to do more business of their own.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Around £30 million is the price that made sense to me.

Him being up for sale was also what I had heard, as Liverpool had forced them to pay a fair bit more for Caicedo and the Nkunku injury also means they may go more 4-3-3 initially, hence the Lavia deal, which was also expensive.

The most frustrating thing in all this is if we could just shift Fraser, Hendrick and Hayden. Regardless of how much we actually get in for them (if anything) this deal for Hall could probably be done quite easily with them all off the wage bill.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we want to continue with a left back that stays deep and acts more as a third centre back at times like Dan Burn does, this guy is exactly that profile.

I initially thought 30m for an 18 year old with 12 appearances was steep. Chelsea fans on twitter seem to think it would be ridiculous to let him go for that. A good season and he'll be worth double perhaps. 

Then again, he is an 18 year old with 12 appearances. Plenty of players have broke through initially looking great and then turned out not to be. Begs the question, why would Chelsea  let him go for that? 

Mind, there might well be a buy back clause involved, in which case, we may as well not go near.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I initially thought 30m for an 18 year old with 12 appearances was steep. Chelsea fans on twitter seem to think it would be ridiculous to let him go for that. A good season and he'll be worth double perhaps. 

Then again, he is an 18 year old with 12 appearances. Plenty of players have broke through initially looking great and then turned out not to be. Begs the question, why would Chelsea  let him go for that? 

Mind, there might well be a buy back clause involved, in which case, we may as well not go near.

We would never agree to a buy back clause.

£30 million is decent money and a fair price for a really talented young player with potential that so far has played very little.

All these crazy prices have people thinking £30 million is chump change, but it's not. Those Chelsea fans views of fees are completely warped now with their clubs dumb spending, if they think he should be more than that.