NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Everybody says this, is it not possible that he turned us down?

Nope, the most negative version of any event is the default position.

Not sure why we are shopping in the most expensive market when strapped by FFP, we should be looking at Ligue 1 talent. Caqueret would be great for example.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

No lessons learned. 

What lesson? Sign young English talent cos they turn out to be absolutely class?

Gibbs-White is really good and can play across the front three. Would be a brilliant signing. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What lesson? Sign young English talent cos they turn out to be absolutely class?

Gibbs-White is really good and can play across the front three. Would be a brilliant signing. 

All eggs in one basket. Working well for us. 

Feels like MGW is another player whom Ashworth and Co have profiled (I’d imagine Gordon and Tino were too). With Forest’s FFP woes there could be an opportunity here that we may decide to take. I’d normally favour a more cost effective continental alternative but this kid is class. Would be a hugely exciting signing.

I'm pretty content with our transfer business to date. Granted the jury is still out on some of the summer transfers.

In Livramento, Botman, Bruno, Gordon and Isak we have a superb core to build around.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I really like Gibbs-White and possibly Forest need the money with their financial breaches

But it does seem a bit odd if we are willing to pay close to £50mil for an attacking midfielder if we turned our noses up at Maddison last summer

Just as well. Another sick note for Leicester and Spurs.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I really like Gibbs-White and possibly Forest need the money with their financial breaches

But it does seem a bit odd if we are willing to pay close to £50mil for an attacking midfielder if we turned our noses up at Maddison last summer

Again, we didn’t. We wanted Maddison.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

All eggs in one basket. Working well for us. 

Let go of the narrative, man. We want the right players regardless of nationality and cost, if affordable. The house praises the builder. And we’re trying to build a magnificent magpie mansion. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Yes it does…because it would have been odd, because it didn’t happen

47 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Everybody says this, is it not possible that he turned us down?

Honestly, I feel like there should be a sticky thread saying “Maddison wanted to go to Spurs” at the top of the page :lol:.  

Sometimes we’ll be in for players but they’ll choose another club over NUFC

Sometimes we’ll be in for players but a club won’t sell

Sometimes we won’t even be in for a player, no matter how much jizz the members of N-O want to spray around about how that player is just what we need

Some people on here cannit seem to get their heads round these simple facts 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Sometimes we’ll be in for players but they’ll choose another club over NUFC

Sometimes we’ll be in for players but a club won’t want to sell

Sometimes we won’t even be in for a player, no matter how much jizz the members of N-O want to spray around about how that player is just what we need

Some people on here cannit seem to get their heads round these simple facts 

I gave up on the ‘we should sign X’ stuff years ago - though it’s harmless, of course.  I’m more interested in who the club wants to sign and does sign.  

We wanted Maddison in the summer of 2022 and he was apparently happy to join us

Last summer we seemed to prioritise Barnes over Maddison despite them being a similar price

Edited by joeyt