NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I'm pretty nervous about our spending, we cant be in the same position with PSR next year. Last year we spent 120m, we should be modest and spend around 80m IMO unless we shift players. 50m on a winger, and 30m on a CB should make us serious top 4 contenders.

2 minutes ago, NSG said:

Assuming none of the big three players leave, I imagine we’ll shift a few more (Miggy, Wilson, Trippier, Fraser, Lewis, Hayden). 

If those 6 combined bring in c£50m then I can honestly see us spending north of £200m on 4 or 5 players.

Just got a gut feeling that this summer will be transformative. 

So hard to predict isn't it we could feel with no injuries, no Europe and the squad performs we will be OK with limited spending this window unless we have player sale. Any spending buffer we can create now will then potentially go into spending again for a European squad rather than now.

Based on the need to satisfy some sort of number in the sand regardless what form PSR comes in means we can't spend big each window without trading. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I reckon we just spend loads win the league by over 10 points every year so any points deduction doesn't matter

I mean ......its not rocket science FFS

33 minutes ago, TRC said:

we cant be in the same position with PSR next year. Last year we spent 120m, we should be modest and spend around 80m IMO unless we shift players. 

Im not an expert on the PSR stuff, but surely the Adidas deal will help us quite a bit?

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I reckon we just spend loads win the league by over 10 points every year so any points deduction doesn't matter

Thems were the good ole days, 10 points clear at Christmas, so far ahead of the pack that the engraver was already etching our name onto the trophy to save himself a job in May

Screenshot-2024-07-02-170411.jpg

Edited by bobbydazzla

20 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Don’t even think we need much this summer. A class RW and a RCB on loan and I think we will be class. 

I pretty much agree- I don't think we need to add a lot to be competitive because the bones of a top four side is already there.

But with year 1 falling off, PSR resolved and cashing-in on the likes of Miggy - they may have identified this summer as the time to go big and invest heavily. 

Difficult to predict but I wouldn't be surprised if the squad looks quite different come September with new players all over the shop. 

Main thing for us is to keep clearing out the players with no future here. 

Lewis, Hayden, Fraser etc we'll have to just let go to whoever will take them.

Almiron, Wilson, Trippier, Lascelles try and sell for money.

Going forward we'll have a squad of players that people might actually want to buy so we can trade our way out of any PSR issues.  We've started from nothing and we're just getting near the point of operaing like a normal football club.