Tino Livramento

Yorkie

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

still find the criticism of Burn odd.  Are we that sure the Eddie Howe just can’t see that he has a better left back in his squad than Burn?  Or maybe he prefers Burn to Targett for a reason, and he knows a bit more about football team selection than us?

I think most people agree with all that, but Burn could still be an area of improvement. Of course he has reasons for keeping Burn in the team. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep

Our defence has not been the problem this year, it has been turning draws into wins. Yes we need a forward plan as Schaar is not getting any younger, and neither is Trippier. It is difficult to argue for dropping either presently but they can't go on forever and there is no guarantee that any replacement will do as well as they have. Saying that, if they can carry it on for a season or two we could well be established enough to be looking at genuine upgrades.

In terms of turning draws into wins, who gets dropped and replaced? With Tonali coming in Willock seems most likely to be dropped in the medium term at least

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Our defence has not been the problem this year, it has been turning draws into wins. Yes we need a forward plan as Schaar is not getting any younger, and neither is Trippier. It is difficult to argue for dropping either presently but they can't go on forever and there is no guarantee that any replacement will do as well as they have. Saying that, if they can carry it on for a season or two we could well be established enough to be looking at genuine upgrades.

In terms of turning draws into wins, who gets dropped and replaced? With Tonali coming in Willock seems most likely to be dropped in the medium term at least

Don't look at it as dropped, with the amount of games we'll have at a higher level, see it as 5 positions that possibly 8 or 9 of them will share.

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

One is approaching 33, the other has just done his ACL and the other isn't good enough?

But clearly other parts of the team need investment more than right back. Zero point in buying Ashby if we're going to buy another right back.

Ashby was a cheap punt - hard to know if it will pay off or not but essentially a mill or 2 for a squad player that might or might not work out is worth the gamble I guess.

I do think both full back positioning needs strengthening to be honest - Livramento is the perfect understudy to Trippier, they are very similar players too.

I don’t know how people think transfers work. Especially under a progressive and ambitious regime, we will always look for promising targets when they become available. And I’m pretty sure we don’t stop calling people about other positions while we do this deal. 

We are class, just have a bit of faith. 

If in 2 years trippier is retired and Tino is first choice RB, Ashby may well be good enough to be 2nd choice - if not we can probably move him on at no loss, possibly a profit 

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

Ashby was a cheap punt - hard to know if it will pay off or not but essentially a mill or 2 for a squad player that might or might not work out is worth the gamble I guess.

I do think both full back positioning needs strengthening to be honest - Livramento is the perfect understudy to Trippier, they are very similar players too.

Fair enough. We'll see how it pans out.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think most people agree with all that, but Burn could still be an area of improvement. Of course he has reasons for keeping Burn in the team. 

Targett missed 15 games and 78 days last season. I think EH starts to get him more playing time. Burn is a valuable back up lb and cb. Our defense got us to CL but it also was looking a bit worn out in the end. 2 clean sheets the last 20 games (10%); 16 clean sheets in the 26 games before (62%). Really wonderful streak from November trough January. 

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

Obviously i'm aware of the whole. Player's cost what their club's value them at ethos. 

However, some of these relegated clubs are seriously taking the piss. 

Numbers would seem so, but the value of getting promotion back to the PL outweighs what they will want in a ‘reduced because of relegation’ transfer fee. If they can afford to pay the wages (I guess a lot of ‘lower’ level clubs will have relegation wage clauses?)  it’s a no brainer to try and keep your best players. Or else try and get as much as possible to replace them. 

3 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Don't get it. We have 3 right backs.

We have one with genuine quality, who is only going to decline as age catches up. 

One who is solid enough but doesn't offer a lot going forward, and another who is like the second but slightly worse. 

We do need a long term replacement for Trippier ability wise at least. Replacing his leadership will be more difficult

12 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Or maybe transfermarkt is wrong?  How does it establish value?

Seems like it's pretty arbitrary. Not sure how they calculate it. Actual value is whatever someone is willing to pay.