Tino Livramento

Yorkie

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Living in Leeds is fun, lots of ribbing about spending £120 million on Gordon, Barnes and Livramento.

they might have stayed up if they'd invested as wisely rather than spend on shite

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/08/tino-livramento-newcastle-united-and-are-acl-injuries-the-end-of-the-line/

The Mag has just done an article on  some of the more famous footballers, from recent years, to have fallen victim to the dreaded ACL injury but come back as strong as ever: including our very own  Alan Shearer.

Alan Shearer

Radome Falcao
Alessandro Del Piero
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Roberto Baggio
Roy Keane
Xavi
Francesco Totti

Edited by prefabtoon

ACL is a hangover from the pre-1990s. It used to be the death knell, but surgery and recovery is top now. No more gristle and shit left in the joint. Unless you're Haris Vuckic/

Edited by OCK

10 minutes ago, OCK said:

ACL is a hangover from the pre-1990s. It used to be the death knell, but surgery and recovery is top now. No more gristle and shit left in the joint. Unless you're Haris Vuckic/

WEARSCONTACTLENSES.thumb.png.b816cb32761b71d92b76d1d16d60a3b5.png

9 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Howld on, he's English? I've been working on the assumption he was some overseas wonderkid Chelsea had stolen from his parents at a young age. :lol:

Dad’s Portuguese, mother’s Scottish. He was born in England. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Dad’s Portuguese, mother’s Scottish. He was born in England. 

I'd always assumed his dad was a Colombian toon fan and his mother was a Ukrainian who settled in England and found love

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Perhaps this is a question for daft questions but why are England so good at producing quality RBs?

My theory is that we are bad at producing or trusting young CMs so if they’re mobile they get moved to fullback. Trippier, Reece James and TAA I think played a fair amount of football in academy’s at CM and James definitely played CM for Wigan (and occasionally Chelsea). 

Like Rico Lewis often plays CM for junior England sides.  

Same reason we produce a lot of AMs and wide players. Half of those would be CMs (Mount, the lad at Wolves, even Foden) if they were brought up in Spain. I look at the England core central midfielders Rice, Phillips, Henderson, Bellingham. None of them came through elite academy’s.  Chelsea would have stuck Rice at CB.