Harvey Barnes

khay

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean, isn't that the point?

Having two quality players for the LW position to cope with being a high energy pressing team competing in Europe every season.

Hadn't thought of it that way.

I guess I like to see a bit more variety in the type of attacking players we have but yeh, fair point:thup:

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Hadn't thought of it that way.

I guess I like to see a bit more variety in the type of attacking players we have but yeh, fair point:thup:

I mean if it were me I'd hold a bit back and go balls out for Kvaratskhelia next summer but I can see the play here.

31 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

he's not popular nor controversial enough for 200 pages

You vastly underestimate this forum's propensity to chat utter shite at every opportunity. 

ASM on his day has twice the talent but we all know about his fitness issues. Not a big fan of his overall game and how limited he is tactically but Barnes for 30 odd million is practically a no brainer for what he’d offer in terms of goals. 

Just hope we’re not selling ASM for him. When on form he’s one of my favourite players to watch in world football.

There's a desperate lack of goals in our wide options.

Barnes isn't anyone's dream signing but double figures first team goals for a PL club the last three seasons running is really good and gives us something we desperately need.

Hard to get excited about this, potentially swapping ASM for Barnes seems like a sideways move. We already signed a depth winger in Gordon, would like the next winger signing to be a bit higher profile and in the same bracket as Isak and Bruno. Would greatly prefer a RW too, we have a lot already at the left.

I’ll trust Howe and Ashworth etc. disclaimer that’s obviously needed but that’s how I feel about this.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Hard to get excited about this, potentially swapping ASM for Barnes seems like a sideways move. We already signed a depth winger in Gordon, would like the next winger signing to be a bit higher profile and in the same bracket as Isak and Bruno. Would greatly prefer a RW too, we have a lot already at the left.

I’ll trust Howe and Ashworth etc. disclaimer that’s obviously needed but that’s how I feel about this.

Who could realistically be that right winger? With a good injury history and decent numbers?