Harvey Barnes

khay

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

More treading water…

How do you register an interest? Do you fax the other club saying " we would like to register an interest but aren't offering any cash yet".

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

More treading water…

How do you register an interest but not make an offer?

Do you ring them up and say “I like him”? We could have informally agreed on a price but its not formal - perhaps we were wearing jeans.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Do you ring them up and say “I like him”? We could have informally agreed on a price but its not formal - perhaps we were wearing jeans.

That's well........spooky :D

2 minutes ago, madras said:

How do you register an interest? Do you fax the other club saying " we would like to register an interest but aren't offering any cash yet".

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

By speaking to the players agent and the agent relaying it back to the selling club.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

By speaking to the players agent and the agent relaying it back to the selling club.

Which still means there could be a deal to be done but sky wording it to sound like it’s not as far down the road.

Edited by Gawalls

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ashworth ring them up and say "I like him teehee" then hang up before they can respond on the other end and giggle together with Howe and Eales who's sat next to him.

Probably still about 2 weeks away from building up the courage to ask Barnes if he wants to go steady with us.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, Conjo said:

Ashworth ring them up and say "I like him teehee" then hang up before they can respond on the other end and giggle together with Howe and Eales who's sat next to him.

I always like when they say “they’ve made a dramatic offer” - I imagine them entering the office with a marching band and trumpets.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I always like when they say “they’ve made a dramatic offer” - I imagine them entering the office with a marching band and trumpets.

:D   I'd picture a call saying "we offer you 100 billion quid". Be quite dramatic.

After some thought you are probably closer.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

If you ask an estate agent for more information on a house you've registered interest. Doesn't mean you're going to buy it.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Which team does it originate from?

the phrase reminds me of Arsenal and the Arteta project.  

The Philadelphia 76ers and a General Manager they had about a decade ago. The process was multiple years of blatant tanking to collect top draft picks. 

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Probably still about 2 weeks away from building up the courage to ask Barnes if he wants to go steady with us.

Could always send them a fax asking 'does Barnes like us yes / no / maybe'. 

"Thank you for calling the Leicester City transfer hotline. Your call may be recorded for quality purposes. To register interest in a player, please press one."

"Your interest has been recorded. Thank you for calling."

3 hours ago, Menace said:

I'm tired of this summer transfer window already honestly 

They should make it last 48 hours. Then everyone can prep beforehand, all gets done and dusted within two days, bang.