Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

Aye, and frankly it would be ideal if Gordon's best position turned out to be RW.

Clear that LW space for Kvaratskhelia in the summer.

Interesting way to spell Chiesa.

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

Aye, and frankly it would be ideal if Gordon's best position turned out to be RW.

Clear that LW space for Kvaratskhelia in the summer.

I know what you mean, and whilst Gordon pretty 2 footed, his right is definitely stronger, and livramento/tripper both like to put a cross in so I can't imagine this being best for Gordon 

Not saying it might not be the plan, otherwise Barnes and Gordon is means a pretty strong LW spot with 2 40m singing there 😂

9 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I know what you mean, and whilst Gordon pretty 2 footed, his right is definitely stronger, and livramento/tripper both like to put a cross in so I can't imagine this being best for Gordon 

Not saying it might not be the plan, otherwise Barnes and Gordon is means a pretty strong LW spot with 2 40m singing there 😂

Frankly, we've seen pretty clearly this season that if we're going to really challenge on all fronts then having two quality options in each position is a must.

Particularly true with the way we play, too.

I'm confident Barnes will be a very good player for us but for a team aiming to challenge at the very top Gordon being starter and Barnes being the sub who can start when Gordon needs a rest is probably pretty realistic.

24 minutes ago, Shak said:

Frankly, we've seen pretty clearly this season that if we're going to really challenge on all fronts then having two quality options in each position is a must.

I'm confident Barnes will be a very good player for us but for a team aiming to challenge at the very top Gordon being starter and Barnes being the sub who can start when Gordon needs a rest is probably pretty realistic.

Horses for courses. Gordon can play either side and through the middle depending on opposition. FWIW Miggy plays left as well (he started here in that position and played well there and gave something different VMan Utd......I'd like to see him tried there more often). We are building great flexibility and roles are becoming more important than positions.

4 hours ago, madras said:

Horses for courses. Gordon can play either side and through the middle depending on opposition. FWIW Miggy plays left as well (he started here in that position and played well there and gave something different VMan Utd......I'd like to see him tried there more often). We are building great flexibility and roles are becoming more important than positions.

Yeah and with the option of Schär in midfield things aren’t looking too bad after the internationals! 

6 hours ago, Shak said:

I think they’ll look to bring in a new RW next summer, e.g Neto type player.  I think we also need another top striker with Wilson dropping to a 3rd option. Wilson isn’t durable enough to carry the load of second striker particularly if the other striker gets injured. Barnes will do really well for us though. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pata said:

Less than 200 minutes from our new reliable winger and it's December tomorrow. Meanwhile in Saudi a sicknote has 14 starts this season. 

Go on, I can't resist...

I'm sure knocking about in the Saudi league is just a taxing on his paper towel hamstrings as the Prem. :bluestar: