Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

I'm glad Tonali is playing but does anyone feel sorry for Longstaff? [emoji38]

He'll still get loads of games for us, but the lad ran himself into the ground last season and now starts on the bench.

Rarely feel sorry for professional footballers. Especially a guy living his dream and are going to play champions league for his boyhood club this year :)

6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Hard start but very excited. Hopefully a better performance than last time....

You want more than 4?

Why does everyone seem to forget that the 3-0 game was our third away game on the bounce, and fourth in 10 days? There was an awful lot of context behind that result and performance

3 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

We’re likely playing against Diaby down the left-flank. Don’t fancy Burn nor Target up against him hence Trips, who’s played in that position before - Diaby tends to cut in where he could be caught with a challenge from Trips. 

Isak linking up with Barnes down the left sounds good to me and Barnes obviously links well with Wilson too. 

anyways we’ll see what happens. Likelihood might be more so Gordon on the left with Isak and Miggy across from him. Joelinton Anderson and Bruno and a back four of burn, Botman, schar and trippier

I was one off with Tonali for Anderson.  :bluestar:

Tonali starting is the icing on the cake when it comes my excitement for this game. Don’t wanna have high expectations but I would love it if he was off to a flier. Would also love it if Gordon could get a vital goal today to get proper going in that department too. Come on!!! 

22 minutes ago, STM said:

One thing is for sure. Tonali certainly won't be shy of the occasion. He's got the pedigree, in that sense.

It's whether he's in tune with his teammates.

Aye, shouldn't be difficult if you've played local derbies as semi-finals in the Champions League.

GO SANDY! 

8 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

You want more than 4?

Why does everyone seem to forget that the 3-0 game was our third away game on the bounce, and fourth in 10 days? There was an awful lot of context behind that result and performance

There was. Just as there was some context behind the game at SJP. The stench of Gerrard was still very strong.