Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Aye, I'd be of the opinion that Isak is our CF and Wilson's role should be to...

- Come on for the last 20 minutes of games, either to play with Isak when we're chasing a goal or to give him a rest if things are going well.

- Start games when we feel Isak needs a rest.

With our schedule this year and style of play, that's going to be more than enough football for Wilson IMO.

Just now, Shak said:

Aye, I'd be of the opinion that Isak is our CF and Wilson's role should be to...

- Come on for the last 20 minutes of games, either to play with Isak when we're chasing a goal or to give him a rest if things are going well.

- Start games when we feel Isak needs a rest.

With our schedule this year and style of play, that's going to be more than enough football for Wilson IMO.

It’ll probably lead to him getting more football then normal too.

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Barnes finishing is so much better than Gordon it would be a mistake to not pick him 

For me it has to be Barnes, Isak, Miggy as the front three 

As time goes on, maybe so. I'd have picked Barnes had he been here all Summer, and if it were me I'd probably pick him, but I think Eddie will go for Gordon for the extra  time being drilled into the system and match fitness.

18 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Absolutely fucking bricking it:lol: :badyao:

I've missed the football but I haven't missed the stress, like :lol:. Feeling sick 7 hours before kick off. Stupid game. 

7 minutes ago, Smal said:

I've missed the football but I haven't missed the stress, like :lol:. Feeling sick 7 hours before kick off. Stupid game. 

I don't even enjoy watching our games, it's just 90 minutes of pressure with a sense of relief if we win.

I enjoy the post match shit more than the match.

18 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They're really pushing fans to get in early, even got the players to record a message saying so. Guess they're anticipating this going absolutely tits up. 

I'll be 8 pints deep and getting to the ground any time between 17:05-17:20 like in any normal previous season for a 17:30 kick off.

Placing an awful lot of faith in the East Stand clientele successfully navigating digital ticketing…?

Sounds like a piss yourself in the queue situation in the making

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Placing an awful lot of faith in the East Stand clientele successfully navigating digital ticketing…?

Sounds like a piss yourself in the queue situation in the making

After sleeping on it, yeah 10 or 15 minutes earlier. :lol:

Keeping my expectations firmly grounded for this one. We have a tough start, would have preferred to meet Villa a few games in preferably, they have players who can hurt us on the break. Hoping for a win, but think a draw is more likely.