Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Looks like I was right about the dud tickets - what a joke

.com

NUFC now make 
photo ID demand

From NUFC, Thursday - as yet there's been no clarification of what constitutes suitable photo ID.

We've confirmed that an unspecified number of away tickets are pre-selected to be deliberately rejected when scanned at the away turnstiles on Saturday. In other words, the time of entry will be irrelevant. 

That ticket holder must then visit the away ticket office at the South Stand (adjacent to the away turnstile) to be issued with a replacement working ticket for the same seat after showing photo ID. 

MCFC confirm that the away turnstiles and ticket office will open at 6pm on Saturday. Given the anticipated issues that this will cause, we'd recommend leaving additional time for entry. 

Edited by Paully

Completely disregards habitual behaviour of football fans as a factor, who turn up at random points in the hour before kick off. Going to have fans full of drink having their tickets rejected, fans missing kick off etc.

Can the club do anything right regarding ticketing, man. :lol: Everything has been absolutely terrible.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I literally can't believe what they've done here so I assume this is the new world going forward for every away match? Shambles

They've totally ballsed up every aspect of ticketing this summer

Issuing genuine invalid tickets to fans causing them to have to go to a ticket office with ID for a replacement is absolutely scandalous and surely illegal? They’ve literally supplied people with a fake ticket - that can’t be right?

There should be total hell on with the club for the state of ticketing for both home and away

A proper concerted effort from supporters to get them to explain exactly what the fuck is going on behind the scenes

Cos from this side of the fence it’s showing absolute disregard and disdain for fans right across the spectrum of match goers 

Amanda, Mehrdad and Eales need to be answering questions about this and explaining why it’s such a massive fuck up 

Edited by bobbydazzla

33 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

There should be total hell on with the club for the state of ticketing for both home and away

A proper concerted effort from supporters to get them to explain exactly what the fuck is going on behind the scenes

Cos from this side of the fence it’s showing absolute disregard and disdain for fans right across the spectrum of match goers 

Amanda, Mehrdad and Eales need to be answering questions about this and explaining why it’s such a massive fuck up 

I think I'm missing something. What exactly is the problem now? That some tickets will automatically be flagged for a random ID check? Why is that so bad?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I think I'm missing something. What exactly is the problem now? That some tickets will automatically be flagged for a random ID check? Why is that so bad?

Because it sounds like rather than showing ID on the gate, the poor buggers will have to traipse all the way to a ticket office to get it sorted out. It’s inconvenient and a bit Big Brother.

They probably have a fair idea as to who scams the system, so it may not be random. Or it may just be a deterrent and it doesn’t happen. 

I understand some of the complaints, but I’ve seen people on Twitter defend the idea that you should need to know, or make friends with other fans who sell tickets on, to get a ticket. I mean I’ve benefited from that and probably won’t get now, but can hardly complain. The club should clearly be expected, especially by the home club, to make sure that the person who owns the ticket is the person attending. It shouldn’t be delegated to random superfan to decide who goes, with someone sitting at home collecting a loyalty point every fortnight.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The principle is OK. People shouldn’t be buying away tickets purely to sell on.

But sending out dud tickets, so random people can’t get into the ground and have to go through the rigmarole of finding the ticket office, presenting ID etc just seems to be causing hassle and potential confusion for fans 

How do other clubs police their away tickets when demand outstrips supply ? Is dud tickets the norm ? 

55 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The principle is OK. People shouldn’t be buying away tickets purely to sell on.

But sending out dud tickets, so random people can’t get into the ground and have to go through the rigmarole of finding the ticket office, presenting ID etc just seems to be causing hassle and potential confusion for fans 

How do other clubs police their away tickets when demand outstrips supply ? Is dud tickets the norm ? 

I don't know. Perhaps, for all we know, Man City have requested that that happens so that they don't have to check all IDs on the gates.

By the time you all get in you'll be able to wave goodnight to our early leavers heading out to catch the tram or beat the traffiic.

(With all the new added time plus Eddie's delaying tactics they'll be thinking about that from 75 minutes on.)

There are a few things in our favour, obviously confidence form the 5-1 and presumably a fully fit squad, whereas they have a few key injuries and a tough midweek match in Athens, but it still seems crazy to see us as short as 7/2 to win at a few bookies. I'm more used to us being around 18/1 [emoji38].

Despite us losing 14 league games in a row there, for the first time probably ever I am looking forward to this fixture. Still expecting us to lose, but I am expecting a decent performance and the fact that we have already beaten Villa takes the pressure off a bit.

Not saying we will as still expect a loss here, but if we did win, you know the media will focus massively on Man City not looking as good as last season/ let too many senior players leave, door open for Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool , Chelsea to mount a title charge etc. 

1 hour ago, alexf said:

Not saying we will as still expect a loss here, but if we did win, you know the media will focus massively on Man City not looking as good as last season/ let too many senior players leave, door open for Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool , Chelsea to mount a title charge etc. 

Let them choose to ignore/deny the reality before their own eyes until it smacks them in the mouth. We’re coming for all of it. We know it and they know it! :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

56 minutes ago, alexf said:

Absolutely fine with that. 

15 hours ago, Paully said:

I literally can't believe what they've done here so I assume this is the new world going forward for every away match? Shambles

They've totally ballsed up every aspect of ticketing this summer

Just watch the drop off in our away support this year

One area of our support we could still be proud

You'll have people telling you to sit down by Christmas. Genuinely thinking of fucking Saturday off tbh

This fixture was just a write off for years and fucking depressing, to the point you’d think what is even the point anymore.

It’ll not be men vs boys anymore on Saturday and the days of us bending over for anyone are gone.

Great times, that being said still doesn’t feel right being confident going here 5- 0.