Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 hours ago, Maineblue said:

We will see I’m there on Saturday night in the South Stand, I’m glad it’s a high pressure game it brings the best out in us, if we were playing say a West Ham I’d be more concerned tbh

You’ll obviously be massive favourites for the win, but many of us are more confident than we’ve been (since before your take over) of getting something.

Of course, we might have a bit more empathy with Aston Villa fans if you give us the kind of spanking we gave them! Similar scenario, playing a higher placed/rated team at a time you dare to hope you might have the beating of them. it should be one a hell of a spectacle either way. 

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Just play the reserves Pep, nothing much at stake.

Well there’s the media angle, should we pull off an improbable result. The nasty Premier League (TNT…) made them play on Saturday. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don’t play your strongest side in a midweek glorified friendly then, you daft cunt. 

I am amazed by how seriously people take the super cup, even the fans. 

Maybe this is a typical English view of European competitions, I dunno. 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I am amazed by how seriously people take the super cup, even the fans. 

Maybe this is a typical English view of European competitions, I dunno. 

Only the Super Cup would I hold in contempt tbf - I don’t like seeing the other European tournaments undermined.

But the Super Cup?  UEFA don’t recognise it as a major tournament - so we shouldn’t either :) 

Reading Bluemoon forum this morning and there is a few of them worried about this match which surprised me slightly. A few quotes:

The hardest team in the Prem to play against now? Going to be one hell of a game

Well fuck, I haven't felt like we'd lose a game ages but honestly, I want none of Newcastle atm...

Newcastle won’t have a better chance to tear us apart. Best team in the league in transition and we looked so vulnerable to transitions v Sevilla, plus the tiredness/travelling…

Newcastle are no joke and its gonna take our best to secure a win

They will be up for it after the momentum they got from ripping Villa apart. Isak will be hard to handle on counters. they have speed on the wings, and some serious physical power in the middle with Tonali, bruno, Joelinton.

We coming back late, after a tiring midweek away game, few players not fully fit, Stones nowhere near match fit imo even if fit to play. I take any lucky win, 1-0, deflected shot in 98th minute

Nice to see we are starting to get a lot of respect from other clubs 👍

Edited by Pokerprince2004

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

De Bruyne out reduces Haalands efficacy against us. In the 3-3 last season (where they had a number of good chances and good supply to Haaland) both he and Gundogan were playing. 

Nevertheless, if Haaland finds himself 1 on 1 in open field against Schar, it's a scary prospect even if they have Maguire as their main playmaker.