Lewis Hall

Paully

Just now, McCormick said:

Permanent with no loan? Was (greedily) hoping we’d have a bit left over for a Todibo/Tapsoba/Andersen but it doesn’t look likely now. 

Still. Good news!

Maybe we can do a loan with obligation for a CB instead ?

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Chelsea are a weird club. If he was of Brazilian nationality named Louis Hallinho, 18 and playing for Santos, Chelsea would be bidding for him. 

Or if he was the exact same player but playing for Brighton :lol: .

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

When you copy and paste the link, give it a few seconds to fully embed before pressing submit reply  

I used to do that but it didn’t do it with this one for some reason! 

30 minutes ago, alexf said:

Eddie seems to like an English signing. 

We could field and entire 11 of English players and still have a pretty impressive line up and not some shitty Burnley EDL types, actual exciting highly rated talents.

think our England team would be competitive against the world elite

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Permanent with no loan? Was (greedily) hoping we’d have a bit left over for a Todibo/Tapsoba/Andersen but it doesn’t look likely now. 

Still. Good news!

You never know, maybe we could do a loan deal for the centre back instead, as foreign clubs tend to be more open to those.

As an example couldn't believe Benfica did the deal for Goncalo Ramos with PSG as an initial loan.

Think as the window now draws to a close some option could become available for us. Let's see.

12 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

His preferred position is midfield apparently. Which is the only thing that bothers me about this transfer. Hopefully this is something that has been discussed behind the scenes.

Probably normal that highly talented L/RBs didnt start their youth career at that position. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You never know, maybe we could do a loan deal for the centre back instead, as foreign clubs tend to be more open to those.

As an example couldn't believe Benfica did the deal for Goncalo Ramos with PSG as an initial loan.

Think as the window now draws to a close some option could become available for us. Let's see.

Yeah I don’t expect it to happen, but you can bet we will be looking and open to it till the end of the window.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Burn, Hall, Livramento and Trippier....

Targett will be sold if the correct offer comes in. Especially with FFP breathing down our neck.

Does anyone know how a sale of Targett would affect our FFP? I always get lost with that stuff but my assumption was because he's such a recent signing, we wouldn't feel that much benefit as there's still a lot of 'amortisation' to go?

This is irrespective of how much of a shame it would be for him to go already. The guy really got screwed over with the timing of his injuries.